Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does auotpilot present a looming apocalypse for Tesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The more I use the AP, the less I like it.
AP feels like a new foreign person driving on the US highway for the first time.
Not smooth at all. It is interesting to be just watching but I would rather drive the car myself.
I don't know about suing Tesla for the name.
Automatic transmission still requires that I shift from P to D or R or N when needed.
I am not going to sue a car company after I crash into a carwash tunnel because the "AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION" didn't shift to Neutral for me.
I'm certainly glad to hear that you won't be suing over that automatic transmission, hehe. But I think the question here is whether the general public that will now be buying Tesla's in large numbers due to the lower cost Model 3 (with AP) is going to abuse Autopilot and then claim that it is the fault of Tesla. We have already seen such articles and suits though in small numbers. Do you think this a looming liability for Tesla? Also is Tesla more exposed than other auto manufacturers because of their implementation of the system and the use the name Autopilot (and not something more benign like lane assist).

I'm certainly glad to hear that you won't be suing over that automatic transmission, hehe. But I think the question here is whether the general public that will now be buying Tesla's in large numbers due to the lower cost Model 3 (with AP) is going to abuse Autopilot and then claim that it is the fault of Tesla. We have already seen such articles and suits though in small numbers. Do you think this a looming liability for Tesla? Also is Tesla more exposed than other auto manufacturers because of their implementation of the system and the use the name Autopilot (and not something more benign like lane assist).
When you have the CEO of the company saying that they already have Full Self Driving on the highway I do think they are more exposed.