Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does Delivery location affect date?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m in Washington specifically and I’m wondering if my delivery date may be faster if I select delivery in seattle near my office instead of Renton service center pickup near my home . It seems my delivery day jumped from as late as May to as late as November when I changed to a pick up in Renton but maybe that is coincidence.

I expected to get a car within a year of ordering and wondered if I could make it easier for Tesla by going out of my way to meet then in a major city. It’s not unreasonable to expect to get a car with all parts ready at delivery within a reasonable amount of time or within the 2 month window provided upon order , but they can’t seem to get the basics right so I asked What I could do to assist.

I’m in Washington specifically and I’m wondering if my delivery date may be faster if I select delivery in seattle near my office instead of Renton service center pickup near my home . It seems my delivery day jumped from as late as May to as late as November when I changed to a pick up in Renton but maybe that is coincidence.
The 2 things that seem to affect delivery dates are 1) they tend to do more deliveries closer to Fremont at the end of a quarter (and probably Texas, once they ramp up there) and 2) adding options to your car (i.e., higher profit margins) seems to move up your delivery date.

It’s obvious that Tesla specifically experiences an extreme amount of scrutiny, not only with Delivery Day Inspections, but here with delivery timelines. It feels like the expectations are unreasonable at times.

Kodi
Yes, multiple delivery pushes amounting to months of delays is toooootally reasonable. I agree Tesla is under enhanced scrutiny for quality and safety but the games with delivery don’t fall into that category for me. It’s also a self inflicted wound. Create and share actual EDD instead of playing this nonsense game of waiting right up until the last minute of a window and then pushing it out…repeatedly. It’s not all supply chain related either. They do actually suck at this vs it being something under higher scrutiny.

Reactions: Rotarybuddy