TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Does Tesla Block Websites?

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by scrmn, May 26, 2016.

1. scrmn

scrmn Member

We use a website that shows the location of our gps enabled trucks
    The website worked (even remembered the sign in info) for the first 3 days we had our car
    Now when we go to the website we get a screen saying that the website is unavailable
    Checked with the service center over 3 weeks ago and no reply
    Website is www.baseloc.com if anyone else wants to try it in their car
    Anyone know a work around?

2. Boatguy

Boatguy Member

I can't load that URL in my car, but I can at home.

I don't think Tesla blocks sites, but anything with Flash, or maybe Java, won't work.

3. scrmn

scrmn Member

That's why I think they blocked it, because it worked perfectly for 3 days in the car. It doesn't use flash or Java. Contacted my DS and the closest service centre and no answers from either.

4. Boatguy

Boatguy Member

But what's the motivation? Why would they specifically block your site? It's hard to imagine that Tesla has people assigned to curating or censoring web content. It's more likely some other technical problem related to their very limited browser (for security reasons obviously).

5. fact200

fact200 Member

That that site seem to require SSL. I've noticed that the Tesla browser will reject some lesser secure CAs (e.g. the SSL link doesn't appear green in a desktop browser). In my case, I've a cert from RapidSSL which works fine on the desktop but not in the Tesla browser.