Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does Tesla have recovery device/service built in?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can we track or recover the car? That should be easy for Tesla coz I don't think we need extra hardware to do so right? We can track the car thru app, and it shouldn't be hard for them to shut off the car remotely... or presumably better, after self-driving is possible, if the car is stolen, drive the thief to the police station then drive itself back to me :)

Yes, Teslas do have a GPS theft recovery system that qualifies under most insurance policies for a discount.

And no, I would not want my Tesla to do anything special for a thief. Maybe if they first take a blood sample, identify the thief, and ask Experian if they have health / liability insurance.

The question was about how to "prove" to the insurance company this system exists. Given no agent would guess about the user being able to disable it, this seems like it will work as proof, and given we know Tesla can still track it, it's not a lie.
most insurance companies are fully aware of the capabilities of just about every car that they cover. tesla is not that unique anymore.