Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does Tesla insurance covers rental car towing?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got a rental Tesla model 3 through Tesla insurance in replace of my own model 3 which is in repair. I just got a flat tire and needs to be towed.
Tesla ins. told me to contract directly with my rental company which is Hertz and they said there will be charges for towing to the nearest Hertz location to swap out the car.
I’m not sure if I have to pay for the towing or will tesla insurance pay the charges? the closest airport location is around 30-35 miles away so I’m a bit concerned. Tesla insurance is closed on the weekends so don’t know how can I get the answer.

Is the flat so bad that you cannot add air and then drive to a tire shop? Discount tires usually can patch it for free if it is patchable. Otherwise, you can pay it first and then claim it through insurance if Hertz do not cover it which I am surprised. I have a similar situation with Enterprise but discount tire is only 2 miles away and discount tire said they will charge Enterprise if the tire has to be replaced, they just patched it in my case without any question.

Last edited:
Upvote 0