Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dog Mode For Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
September 2018 build so I don't think that's the issue. Is there anyone with an S or an X that has it animated?
Yep, that’s MCU2. Very weird. Assume you’ve done a reboot after loading the firmware? Many people (including myself) always do one. It’s fixed many leftover issues from installs, odd as it may seem. Normal scroll wheel reboot is all it takes, maybe.

I am running 2019.8.2, MCU2 and no animation in dog mode. Honestly, that is probably a good thing. We do not have any dogs, but we do carry a cat or two from time to time. I think I prefer the cats not chasing an animated dog on the screen, ;)
Didn’t see this confirmation. Why would X and 3 be different, though. Hmm....

I was under the impression the point of the animation was to draw people’s eyes to the screen so they would see the message.

I have a model 3 SR+ which I picked up about a month ago and the dog mode animation was working. Since then I updated to 2019.8.3, 2019.8.4 and 2019.8.5 and now I only get a static image of the dog. I sent an email to support, but haven’t heard back yet. So it seems like the problem is across all models. Will report back if I hear anything from support.

I have a model 3 SR+ which I picked up about a month ago and the dog mode animation was working. Since then I updated to 2019.8.3, 2019.8.4 and 2019.8.5 and now I only get a static image of the dog. I sent an email to support, but haven’t heard back yet. So it seems like the problem is across all models. Will report back if I hear anything from support.
So was it removed to save cycles or stop pets from being attracted to it...

I thought the original idea of attracting external eyeballs was an excellent one.