Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dog owners be careful!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Watch the trunk latch if your dog is jumping in and out of your vehicle. My dobie just caught his front paw in the drop-down portion and may have broken it (his paw). I’m trying to think of a way to cover the latch to mitigate this danger....

• Informative
Reactions: Nrazar
Watch the trunk latch if your dog is jumping in and out of your vehicle. My dobie just caught his front paw in the drop-down portion and may have broken it (his paw). I’m trying to think of a way to cover the latch to mitigate this danger....
We'll keep that in mind. Thanks for the warning. Hopefully your dog isn't hurt too bad!

Could the drop-down part be removed? The Model S doesn't have this part which was "upgraded" for the X.

I think I'm just going to cover it with a blanket when he gets in from now on. It's crazy, he comes with me to the office almost every day and this is the first time this has happened. So, just something to watch out for. Good news is that no bones are broken, he broke part of a nail and was limping for a bit but otherwise he's ok.

This actually happened to my daughter as well while we were hanging out in the back supercharging, just a small skin abrasion on her hand as she tried to pull it out as it got stuck. She hasn’t tried sticking her hand in there since though