Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dog pet covers for rear seats or trunk area

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have the Tesmanian rear trunk mat liner and am waiting for the folded down second row rear seats covers which are on preorder. I am pleased with the rear trunk mat liner. I have two dogs and a wheelchair.

IMG_9247.jpg

I have ordered the Tesmanian rear trunk mat liner. However for the back seats, I am currently just using some old towels on top of an old blanket. I do not not have any "real" dogs, just toys currently, mostly papillons or as we called them CBC (Compressed Border Collies).

awesome! any issues with the door protector scratching the tint or damage??
Nope, I will say I don't use the windows very often cause my dog will jump right out of the windows, but they do go up and down slightly with every door use. Last inspection a week ago has not resulted in any damage whatsoever.

Pretty sure the factory "tinted" glass is actually coloured windows and not actual tint...so I don't think it's possible to damage the tint, but I'm sure it can be subjected to scratches.

Reactions: everydaychris
Hey Bchan great pix thanks. I see the leash/clip attachment coming through the cover which is great. Did that come with the covers, or did you purchase that somewhere else separately?
Hey PRLM3,

The safety belts are sold separate and made by a company called Mighty Paw: Chew Proof Safety Belt - Dog Car Safety Belt. They come in 16in, 24in and 32in sizes. They also have an adjustable belt style one. I really like these safety belts because they're secured directly to the child seat latches by a latch hook. I've used the ones that go into the seatbelt buckle, and my dog usually inadvertently steps onto the release button and gets free.

If we're travelling by car, we're usually on a crazy adventure which means rolling around in dirt, getting soaked and getting stinky. I prefer the steel braided wire cable because it's easy to clean and doesn't absorb any dirt/liquid/oils into the material which becomes foul smelling after prolonged use. I'm sure you've experienced fabric collars that just smell rancid after heavy use, and the smell doesn't go away no matter how well you wash it!

Hope the info helps your final build. Please post pictures of your final setup!

My dog is in the cargo area of the car, it's great, and allows for other passengers. I like the cargo area mostly because the floors are flat there's much more room than backseats.

Our setup:
1. Tesmanian floor mat (it even folds so we can access the under floor area)
2. Tesmanian second row back (it keeps the backs clean, looks really OEM especially matching the floor mat)
3. VarioBarrier HR small (crash tested, keeps dogs from flying through the car in the event of a head on). I don't even need the top piece. Looks great.

What I want is to get the wheel tops covered too, it's the last area that's still "felt" in the back. While it keeps fairly clean, the dog hair that collects on it is just insane. In my Subaru Outback, we got a few pieces from Canvasback that fit perfectly, hopefully they'll have a Model Y custom soon.

EDIT: OMG they actually have it made already for the MY. They have the full liner:
Tesla Model Y Cargo Liner

It's in multiple pieces so you can get to both under storage areas, but probably won't catch any spilled stuff.

I'm definitely adding to my setup with:
Tesla Model Y Back Hatch
Tesla Model Y Cargo Side Pieces

Reactions: Lozzy
My dog is in the cargo area of the car, it's great, and allows for other passengers. I like the cargo area mostly because the floors are flat there's much more room than backseats.

Our setup:
1. Tesmanian floor mat (it even folds so we can access the under floor area)
2. Tesmanian second row back (it keeps the backs clean, looks really OEM especially matching the floor mat)
3. VarioBarrier HR small (crash tested, keeps dogs from flying through the car in the event of a head on). I don't even need the top piece. Looks great.

What I want is to get the wheel tops covered too, it's the last area that's still "felt" in the back. While it keeps fairly clean, the dog hair that collects on it is just insane. In my Subaru Outback, we got a few pieces from Canvasback that fit perfectly, hopefully they'll have a Model Y custom soon.

EDIT: OMG they actually have it made already for the MY. They have the full liner:
Tesla Model Y Cargo Liner

It's in multiple pieces so you can get to both under storage areas, but probably won't catch any spilled stuff.

I'm definitely adding to my setup with:
Tesla Model Y Back Hatch
Tesla Model Y Cargo Side Pieces

I have the whole Canvasback set, it’s awesome. If you use the sides the cubby holes are hard to access. They give a really clean look to the back. I bought it to protect the interior from my dog walking to the back seat. I load him from the rear and have a hammock with a 60/40 split. He outgrew the variocage I have so I had to adapt.

Attachments

• 165033D2-F9F4-4CEC-AD91-9D0AF88E7341.jpeg
    165033D2-F9F4-4CEC-AD91-9D0AF88E7341.jpeg
    828.7 KB · Views: 535
Last edited:
Reactions: noshadow