Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dog pet covers for rear seats or trunk area

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
These look top quality! Thanks for sharing.

My dog is in the cargo area of the car, it's great, and allows for other passengers. I like the cargo area mostly because the floors are flat there's much more room than backseats.

Our setup:
1. Tesmanian floor mat (it even folds so we can access the under floor area)
2. Tesmanian second row back (it keeps the backs clean, looks really OEM especially matching the floor mat)
3. VarioBarrier HR small (crash tested, keeps dogs from flying through the car in the event of a head on). I don't even need the top piece. Looks great.

What I want is to get the wheel tops covered too, it's the last area that's still "felt" in the back. While it keeps fairly clean, the dog hair that collects on it is just insane. In my Subaru Outback, we got a few pieces from Canvasback that fit perfectly, hopefully they'll have a Model Y custom soon.

EDIT: OMG they actually have it made already for the MY. They have the full liner:
Tesla Model Y Cargo Liner

It's in multiple pieces so you can get to both under storage areas, but probably won't catch any spilled stuff.

I'm definitely adding to my setup with:
Tesla Model Y Back Hatch
Tesla Model Y Cargo Side Pieces

I have the whole Canvasback set, it’s awesome. If you use the sides the cubby holes are hard to access. They give a really clean look to the back. I bought it to protect the interior from my dog walking to the back seat. I load him from the rear and have a hammock with a 60/40 split. He outgrew the variocage I have so I had to adapt.

Yeah, my pup is 80+ lbs, 40" nose to base of tail, and 26" withers. There is no variocage that will fit in the car that is big enough for her unfortunately.

I like the OEM quality feel of the Tesmanian seat backs and floor mat combo. If the canvas back covered just the felt areas on the sides, I would have the perfect setup, or if tesmanian created matching rigid covers for those sides, that would be even better.

Reactions: Lozzy
I've also considered getting this to keep the cargo area padded for longer trips:
SUV Cargo Bed - Snoozer Pet Products

Right now we just have two crate pads on the floor for her. Not as shock absorbing, but I guess on the highway it isn't too bad. I want that SUV cargo bed, except the bolsters are wrong. The floor of the cargo area is about 40" deep and 37.5" wide (at the narrowest point). I emailed them to see if the side bolster was removable.

I've also considered getting this to keep the cargo area padded for longer trips:
SUV Cargo Bed - Snoozer Pet Products

Right now we just have two crate pads on the floor for her. Not as shock absorbing, but I guess on the highway it isn't too bad. I want that SUV cargo bed, except the bolsters are wrong. The floor of the cargo area is about 40" deep and 37.5" wide (at the narrowest point). I emailed them to see if the side bolster was removable.

I have this in a large, fits perfectly in the back. I’ve bought a lot of dog beds and this one is great for the quality and price. It’s as nice as orvis beds that cost 3-4x as much. I have an XL at home too.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01EMBB5V0/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have this in a large, fits perfectly in the back. I’ve bought a lot of dog beds and this one is great for the quality and price. It’s as nice as orvis beds that cost 3-4x as much. I have an XL at home too.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01EMBB5V0/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Yeah, the width is just about 36" (I measured it to be 37.5" total, but 36 + some squishing is perfect). The problem is, the 28" is just too narrow. My pup barely fits in a 42" crate (a 48" is a better size, though something like 44 or 46 would be fine), so I need the full length of the back to be a "bed" for her.

I really want a 40" x 36" bed, and the snoozer one is almost perfect, except it has the bolsters in the wrong place. I hope they'll let me know that the bolster can be removed, though I'll bet it's attached. I think I could probably safely cut one of the sides off.

Thank you @InstantTorque and @bchan911 that recommended the Orvis cover. Fits well and the quality is amazing. I definitely didn't want the nylon/windbreaker stiff material that I suspected others were like if I had ordered off Amazon. While the Orvis cover was pricy, I would think this is more comfortable for my dog and would last much longer. I also ordered the door panel protectors off Amazon (thanks @bchan911) and struggled to push the clips in at first. I think it was my hesitation of possibly damaging the windows/door panels as it seemed like such a tight fit. But my husband pushed the clips in and they went into place. Those fit perfectly as well.

IMG_4073.jpg

• Love
Reactions: bchan911