Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Don't buy from taptes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just adding my negative experience to the list. I ordered my gear on Dec 19th, I got a tracking number on January 5th, but the tracking shows they still haven't shipped my gear. I've sent weekly emails, no response. Today I told them if they didn't respond within 24hrs I'd tell Amex to cancel the charge.

Contrast that to Abstract Ocean - I ordered some gear from them last Sunday afternoon, it's already in Sydney by Tuesday evening.

Based on the response here most of the people who have ordered get their items (eventually), and some people just never get a response from them.

Sounds like their business processes need some polishing. If they just responded to my emails that would make me less worried.

Note:
I know it's not Amazon prime (although that also takes a few weeks to get here) but getting a fake tracking number is stupid, it just makes customers more worried. I think most people are used to sites like Alibaba shipping things without tracking numbers.

Sounds like dealing with Tesla? Right?

• Funny
Reactions: GoingVerde
Can you elaborate? What do you mean by unethical practices? Should I be worried about money spent there?

I think this is referring to them asking people to "advertise" for them by posting a shout out on a forum or social media in order to get a discount. I wouldn't hesitate to buy from them as long as you realize you're going to get a slightly lower quality product for quite a bit less money (and I'm mostly referring the the floor mats here, which are 3D Maxpider Kagu ripoffs).

I think this is referring to them asking people to "advertise" for them by posting a shout out on a forum or social media in order to get a discount. I wouldn't hesitate to buy from them as long as you realize you're going to get a slightly lower quality product for quite a bit less money (and I'm mostly referring the the floor mats here, which are 3D Maxpider Kagu ripoffs).

Doesn't seem to constitute 'unethical', don't know who sets the bar....

I'm struggling with their wireless phone charger randomly not working on one or both sides...I bought it prior to Tesla releasing theirs, and have gone through all of the troubleshooting to address the issue....with no luck. I get one side working while the other side blinks to indicate it does not work. I cannot seem to figure out a solution...so may end up purchasing the Tesla version instead.

I'm struggling with their wireless phone charger...I bought it prior to Tesla releasing theirs, and have gone through all of the troubleshooting to address the issue....with no luck. I get one side working while the other side blinks to indicate it does not work. I cannot seem to figure out a solution...so I may end up purchasing the Tesla version instead.

I purchased from Taptes in mid November and won't do so again. The M3 fitted floor mats don't fit correctly on the passenger side. I can live with that. The frunk mat fit fine. However, the door stickers and center console wrap are trash; went from test-fitting to the trash can.