Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ordered a used Tesla MY from Tesla and communication stopped

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi

I bought a used Tesla MY from their website (to be shipped from CA to TX), everything was going great, I submitted the deposit, filled the paperwork they sent through app and finish paying the car.
They scheduled a delivery for Monday June 17th but then, 40 minutes before the car pick up, I received a text saying "Your car hasn't arrived in Austin yet, our team will be reaching out shortly".

Now it's Friday the 21st and I still couldn't talk to anyone... I've been sending text messages three times a day, sent message via the app, the customer support email (and found out it doesn't work anymore), called a bunch of times and when it tries to ring to a representative it ends up saying "We couldn't answer you, call again later".
On Wednesday 19th I went to the Tesla service center that my car is supposed to arrive, but they didn't help at all and kept saying "we are not a used department, we can't help you, please contact them directly" even after I stated no one answered me. They simply said "there is nothing we can do".

Does anyone know how to get information for used cars? I'm afraid the car has issues and they are trying to cover up before the delivery.
As I said, I tried the phone number (888 ‍518-3752), email, text, app, service center visit...

It's really frustrating! If they didn't have schedule the car pickup and cancelled in the last minute I wouldn't be so anxious thinking the worst case scenario.

Regards,
Caio

I think this is good advice for a new car that's on order, esp since the new car can be refused whether one currently has a VIN assigned or not yet. Basically all potential issues still fall on Tesla's burden.

But in this case, the OP has purchased a used vehicle that comes in "as-is" condition, already paid for the vehicle and would probably end up responsible for any minor damage that occurs to the vehicle, as it would probably be hard to prove that whatever happened in transit.

Ahh you're right, I did not realize the OP made full payment... didnt even know dealers were allowed to do that with the car sight unseen. Maybe start collecting/saving evidence and communications then if it needs to get to a DMV complaint

Upvote 0