Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Door creak when windows fully closed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I tried searching for thread as I feel like months ago this was discussed but couldn’t find it.

I have an 11k build and 3500 miles on it and when driving over an uneven surface with the wheels turned, all the windows creak at the top of the seals as the car twists over the bump.

If I open the windows there is no noise as the noise comes from the top of the windows by the weather seal. Is this something you guys are dealing/living with or is this something that can be fixed?

Thanks for this thread I also have the creak - same vin series 11xx. I purchased the protectant/conditioner. Hasn't come yet - wonder if the product will get on the windows and as they go up and down - streak the glass and gum up the works - will let you guys know..

Vinny I didn't apply the product yet -- doe sit streak the windows or fully dry? Did you apply it to top and sides? thanks!
I washed the car and cleaned the rubber seals before applying the protectant. I applied it on the sides where the door glass rests and let it dry in sun for 30 mins.

I do see light streaks on the sides where protectant was applied. No big deal as it is only visible when the doors are open. It is dry though and not greasy.

I also saw some minor streaking in those areas where the glass fits snugly into the rubber weatherstripping. I was curious how others applied the product. I found the foam applicator on the bottle's tip was not helpful, and even my fingers were too wide for the molding grooves -- so I played with large Q-tips semi-successfully. I also considered an artist's brush. Any other thoughts?

I also saw some minor streaking in those areas where the glass fits snugly into the rubber weatherstripping. I was curious how others applied the product. I found the foam applicator on the bottle's tip was not helpful, and even my fingers were too wide for the molding grooves -- so I played with large Q-tips semi-successfully. I also considered an artist's brush. Any other thoughts?
For me the foam applicator worked. I did run it 2-3 times though to cover the rubber strip fully.