Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Door Ding/Bump Protectors for Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any recommendations for protectors on the doors to prevent OTHER CARS from dinging the Tesla's door? I'm finding tons of edge protectors to help if my door hits someone else's when I open it, but I now have a ding in my door thanks to someone opening up theirs....and I can't seem to find how to protect from that. Suggestions?

"Prevention is better than cure". Park far away from others, means as far as possible from other cars- may be a longer walk to wherever you are going , next avoid parking next to cars which have a car seat towards the door next to your car. Other than that the only solution is to hire a security guard and post him/her next to the car.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
"Prevention is better than cure". Park far away from others, means as far as possible from other cars- may be a longer walk to wherever you are going , next avoid parking next to cars which have a car seat towards the door next to your car. Other than that the only solution is to hire a security guard and post him/her next to the car.
Good advice. I don't even have my Tesla yet, but don't want any dings on my current car to hurt the trade-in value, so I park as far away as I can.

Upvote 0
Do not park next to two door vehicles

Do not park next to banged up sh1t boxes

Do not park next to vehicles that look like they're not taken care of

Do not park next to vehicles that look like they belong to a family with children

Do not park next to someone who doesn't seem to understand what painted lines are for

Do not do that annoying thing where you park diagonally in four parking spaces - even if it is at the far side of the lot

Do try to park next to something expensive and new and well cared for

Do try to park in an end slot, but one with a kerb next to you, not one in an exposed position where people turn past you

Do try to park far out where there'll be less activity

and if you're wondering ... it's because two door vehicles have longer doors

If in Texas ... park under a tree or in any kind of shade where possible!

Upvote 0
Any recommendations for protectors on the doors to prevent OTHER CARS from dinging the Tesla's door? I'm finding tons of edge protectors to help if my door hits someone else's when I open it, but I now have a ding in my door thanks to someone opening up theirs....and I can't seem to find how to protect from that. Suggestions?
How about something like this.

• Funny
Reactions: Noflash
Upvote 0
1630363733621.jpeg

Upvote 0