Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Door Ding Repair

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Myke also said that Tesla paint was very good in his experience (this was in reference to "glue pulls" and durability on impact, relative to other car paints). He wasn't commenting on the quality of the paint application, which is somewhat of a different topic. :)

I just drove out to San Mateo to get a quote from Sal:
Paintless dent repair

He's worked on a number of Teslas and I found him through others on this forum. Give him a call and he can give you a quote after seeing your car. It's not cheap, but it beats living with it.
In my case, they dented the rear door so hard it took the paint off, so I need to deal with that after he removes the dent.

Also, aluminum panels are too rigid to pull, they have to be pushed from the inside.

Sal recently repaired my dings (+1 new one) and did an excellent job. 10/10. He had to mess with the window rail for a minute but he got it figured out.

The two dings cost $650. One required the interior door panel to be pulled ($400) and one was a simple window access repair ($250).

I would recommend him to anyone in the bay area. Not only because he's good, but because he has the extra Model 3 experience that other ding guys did not have and refused the job because of.

Sal recently repaired my dings (+1 new one) and did an excellent job. 10/10. He had to mess with the window rail for a minute but he got it figured out.

The two dings cost $650. One required the interior door panel to be pulled ($400) and one was a simple window access repair ($250).

I would recommend him to anyone in the bay area. Not only because he's good, but because he has the extra Model 3 experience that other ding guys did not have and refused the job because of.
Make sure he put everything back correctly. I found as missing door plug & mobile service was nice enough to reconnect the rear door speaker for me. I would have never noticed except that emissions mode did not work for that seat.