Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

mobile repair VS shop (door ding & curb rash)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a door ding above my rear wheel. I am willing to pay more for a mobile repair guy so I don't have to waste time going to a shop, but is the quality different if they guy has all the tools available in a shop versus what he has in his vehicle?

I have the same question for a tiny bit of curb rash.

Would like to know what you think if you have experience with this.

Attachments

• IMG_6197.JPG
    IMG_6197.JPG
    380 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_6202.JPG
    IMG_6202.JPG
    393.9 KB · Views: 70
I have a door ding above my rear wheel. I am willing to pay more for a mobile repair guy so I don't have to waste time going to a shop, but is the quality different if they guy has all the tools available in a shop versus what he has in his vehicle?

I have the same question for a tiny bit of curb rash.

Would like to know what you think if you have experience with this.

Thats not a "tiny bit" of curb rash, that is "a decent amount of curb rash". There is a good mobile service for curb rash repair, in the San Diego Area. I just used them myself, and was ecstatic with the results. Note that this is not a TMC endorsement or something, I am a volunteer mod here, found this vendor via other feedback here and contacted them for service for 3 wheels across two cars. There was no discount, etc.

I only mention that because, since I am a mod here, any recommendation I might make could raise questions about kickbacks etc, of which there are absolutely zero in this case, I am just really happy with the service I received.

As for the dent, I would get advice from a paintless dent repair company and see what they think.

thanks guys.

Doc, those rims are nice!

I just ordered a Model Y yesterday. I was looking at wheels trying to decide how to customize it a little. Going to be an all black MYLR. I didn't want to have two Teslas, but it's the best EV out there...