Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Door Edge Protectors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Radlaw

Charles
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2018
San Diego California
Does anyone know of a vendor that has door edge protectors made specifically for the Tesla 3 in the particular car color? I bought some clear generic ones, but that wasn't what I preferred. Had trouble lining them up with the door contour.

When I had the front end of my Tesla wrapped in Xpel, they also covered the edges of the doors in clear. It bothers me that I can see the edges, but figured it was worth having the extra protection. Not sure what it would cost to just have those installed, but it was a reasonable addition with what I had already requested.

I believe that these pieces are pre-cut, but they fit well around the contours.

Hi Radlaw, I understand you are looking for paint matched door edge guards, however, if you would be up for trying a clear door edge guard I would be happy to point you towards an installer that can apply them for you.

Many car owners have gone with a DIY approach for door edge guards with different levels of success. If you had trouble lining them up, a certified paint protection film installer might be a good option.

Hi Radlaw, I understand you are looking for paint matched door edge guards, however, if you would be up for trying a clear door edge guard I would be happy to point you towards an installer that can apply them for you.

Many car owners have gone with a DIY approach for door edge guards with different levels of success. If you had trouble lining them up, a certified paint protection film installer might be a good option.
I bought edge guards on Ebay for $9.95. I have them on both of my cars, an S and 3. My cars are black so easy match. They did sell clear ones if I remember.