Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Door handle not working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Rear passenger side door handle opens properly from the outside, but the handle doesn't retract back into the door when released. Trying to close the door just causes it to bounce back as it won't latch. You have to manually push the handle back in to get the door to close. Other three doors operate properly.

Anyone else having this issue? I've already got an appointment at the service center to correct it.

• Informative
Reactions: cwerdna
Rear passenger side door handle opens properly from the outside, but the handle doesn't retract back into the door when released. Trying to close the door just causes it to bounce back as it won't latch. You have to manually push the handle back in to get the door to close. Other three doors operate properly.

Anyone else having this issue? I've already got an appointment at the service center to correct it.
Any news from the SC? I have the same issue but for my driver door :(

same here and it is on my right rear door. I haven't had time to schedule this one in since I don't open that door often. If it's on the driver side door, it would drive me mad. I did send an email into my SA 3 days ago and he has yet to get back to me.

They were able to repair it without replacing the handle, apparently just an adjustment inside in the door/handle.

SC had my car for 2 days (had a variety of other minor issues) but it was a relatively painless experience.

Thanks,

it was raining today and the door started working as intended... So hopefully it keeps working the whole week and I can cancel the appointment.

Didn’t work again today... still bringing it in next Monday.

Bought it in yesterday, gave me a Range Rover loaner at first. Fixing, driver side door handle not automatically closing, passenger side window not going down all the way, trunk panel realignment.

Brought the range in today and they gave me a P85+. First time driving a model S and it drives pretty well, I like the power and the air suspension. They told me the car wouldn't be ready until April 30th.

Brought the range in today and they gave me a P85+. First time driving a model S and it drives pretty well, I like the power and the air suspension.
Wondering -- when you get an S/X loaner, does it come with free supercharging? I assume so, but just always wondered. Also wondering when they finally have Model 3 loaners if they will come with free supercharging, or if they'll end up charging it back to you somehow.

Wondering -- when you get an S/X loaner, does it come with free supercharging? I assume so, but just always wondered. Also wondering when they finally have Model 3 loaners if they will come with free supercharging, or if they'll end up charging it back to you somehow.
Yea this one had free super charging, but I think all S/X before 2017 should have that by default. But yea the loaners should all have free super charging.