Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Door handle sensor

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I searched for this but couldn't find an answer. I took the driver's door handle off to repair the loose weather shield. I found the wires from the sensor, the one under the large bolt head, had been ripped out. I attempted to resolder them, but failed.
My questions are : what is the sensor? I'm assuming it's a proximity sensor to recognise the key. Also, if I replace it with a second hand sensor, will it require calibration by Tesla?

I searched for this but couldn't find an answer. I took the driver's door handle off to repair the loose weather shield. I found the wires from the sensor, the one under the large bolt head, had been ripped out. I attempted to resolder them, but failed.
My questions are : what is the sensor? I'm assuming it's a proximity sensor to recognise the key. Also, if I replace it with a second hand sensor, will it require calibration by Tesla?

A picture of the sensor would help.

A picture of the sensor would help.
I think it might be a broken pressure sensor. All the other handles move when I press them. It's the silver horseshoe shaped thing

Attachments

• _20190730_122058.JPG
    _20190730_122058.JPG
    426.7 KB · Views: 547