Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Door handle wraps from tint shop

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everyone,

I just took delivery on my M3 two days ago. From the start I knew that i needed tint and maybe chrome delete. I took it down to my local tint world today. Got Pinnacle 15 in the back and 30 up front. 80 on th windshield and the Sunroof. For the most part the tint seams ok, some bubbles but I expect those to go away.

The owner talked me into the black gloss wrap on the window surrounds and the door handles. When I picked it up I noticed that slivers of Chrome were still showing on the window trim and the door handles looked good from the outside but when opened and I looked at the back there were creases and a jagged cut line on the back of the vinyl....It looks pretty bad compared tot he kits that would have had a clean consistent line where the wrap ends....Is this normal? has anyone else had a better experience?

Oh and they also ripped my drivers side speaker while installing the tint!

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_0831.JPG
    IMG_0831.JPG
    255.2 KB · Views: 213
  • IMG_0832.JPG
    IMG_0832.JPG
    291.9 KB · Views: 184
  • IMG_0833.JPG
    IMG_0833.JPG
    295.7 KB · Views: 172
  • IMG_0834.JPG
    IMG_0834.JPG
    340.3 KB · Views: 172
  • IMG_0835.JPG
    IMG_0835.JPG
    237.2 KB · Views: 172
When I picked it up I noticed that slivers of Chrome were still showing on the window trim and the door handles looked good from the outside but when opened and I looked at the back there were creases and a jagged cut line on the back of the vinyl.

I had my Model 3 chrome deleted and I can't see any slivers of chrome anywhere. As far as the door handles, are the backs of the handles completely wrapped or just the fronts ? I had the backs of my handles wrapped to help protect against hot door handles in the sun.

Did they wrap the side view mirror arms / bases ?

BTW - nice pics of your 3 !!

I had my Model 3 chrome deleted and I can't see any slivers of chrome anywhere. As far as the door handles, are the backs of the handles completely wrapped or just the fronts ? I had the backs of my handles wrapped to help protect against hot door handles in the sun.

Did they wrap the side view mirror arms / bases ?

BTW - nice pics of your 3 !!

I had hem leave the mirrors chrome, they did not wrap the backs of the handles and I was ok with that, but I dont like the jagged line they left when cutting the vinyl in. They charged $850 for the handles and door trim...The handles were wrapped about as much as they could without removing the handles so hopefully that means the vinyle will stay on longer.

$850 for just the window trim and door handles? Wow. That's about $50 worth of material and a couple of hours of work. Tough to tell from the pics how good or bad the job is but I don't think it's unacceptable to have a little bit showing on the back side of the door handles. No one will see those, not even really when opening the doors.

I had hem leave the mirrors chrome, they did not wrap the backs of the handles and I was ok with that, but I dont like the jagged line they left when cutting the vinyl in. They charged $850 for the handles and door trim...The handles were wrapped about as much as they could without removing the handles so hopefully that means the vinyle will stay on longer.

850 is way too much for chrome delete..it should be more like 500

what did they do for the tear they caused?

is pinnacle tint better than 3m chrome?

I took it back to the shop today for repair. I had them remove the window delete completely, not sure if it was the bad install or what but I didn't like the look. Going with black handles and chrome windows. Ill post pics and an update when completed. They are going to redo the handles to get a more uniformed edge on the backside.