Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Door handle wraps

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone DIY-ed these Model 3 door handle wraps : RPM Tesla

I'd like to get any feedback on how hard is it to install these yourself. I saw their video on Youtube and it looks simple enough but things always look simpler than they are.

Any thoughts on whether it's even a good idea to put these on ? Will they give any problems in the future ?

thanks !
Chris

I put the clear bra version on today. The 4th one I put on turned out the best. The other 3 went on OK. The hard part was the ends where the miter cuts are. I ended up cutting out a small piece of the wrap at the narrow end so that there was less overlap. I think they should use a different template for the clear bra version. There's no need to completely cover the chrome with the clear wrap.

I also installed the center console stealth wrap (turned out OK) and the front door sill clear wrap over the aluminum model 3 plate (very easy). I purchased but didn't install the rear door sill wrap (damaged in shipping, but don't think I'd put it on anyway).

I tried to put on the door switch wraps (matt black) but had a hell of a time with it and gave up. The installation requires lining up a slit in the wrap to the lighted bar on the window & door controls. You look through the "clear" transfer tape, but the tape is textured and reflects light making it next to impossible to look through it to line up the part. It was a complete fail for me.

I put the clear bra version on today. The 4th one I put on turned out the best. The other 3 went on OK. The hard part was the ends where the miter cuts are. I ended up cutting out a small piece of the wrap at the narrow end so that there was less overlap. I think they should use a different template for the clear bra version. There's no need to completely cover the chrome with the clear wrap.

I also installed the center console stealth wrap (turned out OK) and the front door sill clear wrap over the aluminum model 3 plate (very easy). I purchased but didn't install the rear door sill wrap (damaged in shipping, but don't think I'd put it on anyway).

I tried to put on the door switch wraps (matt black) but had a hell of a time with it and gave up. The installation requires lining up a slit in the wrap to the lighted bar on the window & door controls. You look through the "clear" transfer tape, but the tape is textured and reflects light making it next to impossible to look through it to line up the part. It was a complete fail for me.

Thanks ! I had just ordered the carbon fiber door handle wraps and center console wrap.

I purchased Model S Full door handle wraps from RPM Tesla. First of all it is not even close to how simple they show in their installation video. Even worse, I quickly realized that these are not full wraps at all. There are two sections of the handle that are completely exposed (one you can only see from the bottom, but the other is glaringly visible).
I can't comprehend how they are calling it full handle wrap.
Look at 4.45 in this installation video from them.