Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Door opens on its own

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Several hours after I washed my 2018 Model S in a no touch high pressure wash while parked in my garage I got a notification that my driver door was open. I went out and found the door ajar. I thought I must’ve left it ajar myself and wondered why I didn’t get notified earlier.

A little while later I got another notification. It was ajar again. This time when I closed it, the door would open again immediately. I couldn’t get it to stay closed until I held the door closed and locked it with my key. Then I got a notification that my window was open. It is open a little just like when you open the door.

Hopefully whatever happened will dry out today. If not, how can I adjust this? How can I keep the window from rolling down a bit when parked? I have to park outside at work.

Reactions: rickyjb
Several hours after I washed my 2018 Model S in a no touch high pressure wash while parked in my garage I got a notification that my driver door was open. I went out and found the door ajar. I thought I must’ve left it ajar myself and wondered why I didn’t get notified earlier.

A little while later I got another notification. It was ajar again. This time when I closed it, the door would open again immediately. I couldn’t get it to stay closed until I held the door closed and locked it with my key. Then I got a notification that my window was open. It is open a little just like when you open the door.

Hopefully whatever happened will dry out today. If not, how can I adjust this? How can I keep the window from rolling down a bit when parked? I have to park outside at wor
Yes. I hope that it will just dry out and be fine. I already had to get into the passenger door to fix a broken gear.

mill leave it parked in the sun today.

Hopefully whatever happened will dry out today. If not, how can I adjust this? How can I keep the window from rolling down a bit when parked? I have to park outside at work.
Update:

I unlocked the car and now the drivers door doesn’t present. I hear a noise, but not the normal noise when the handle presents so I think that there is power.

Is there a way to reset this? I tried resetting the car computer but it didn’t help.