Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Door Rattles when closing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If my windows are down the front doors rattle like crazy. It must be the window or associated track etc. rattling around. If the windows are up it’s perfectly quiet. I was told this was perfectly normal by a mobile Tesla tech. One of the model 3s on the showroom floor I tested at some point with the windows down didn’t do it.

This is typically due to the speaker and power window wiring not being completely fixed and it moves and rattles against the door and panel. You can see more about this in these videos and how to resolve it.

Good info, I hadn't seen those videos before. I know on my car, it's not a wire rattling in the door, it's a heavy rattle only when the window is down. It sounds like the track isn't supported well enough to support the weight of the window being in the door when the door is closed while the window is down.

thanks for the info

I just saw that my rear bumper, driver's side is misaligned compared to the passenger side. I can see the white clips on the driver's side. Any of you had this issue. It's very minor but considering it's a brand new car I will arrange a service appointment. Any tips on what to say if their response is "within spec"?