Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Door suction sound, sticking when opening

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else experienced a suction sound when opening Model 3 door? This happens mostly on passenger side but I have heard it on other doors & even the driver's door once. Inquiring to see if there are any lubricant or other options to remedy. I searched the forums but haven't found anything yet.

This can be due to the tightness and efficiency of the door seals, especially in newer cars. Over time, the seals may break in and the sound could diminish. If it's bothersome, you could try applying a silicone-based lubricant to the door seals to see if that reduces the noise. Always ensure it's safe for rubber and doesn't degrade the material.

Anyone else experienced a suction sound when opening Model 3 door? This happens mostly on passenger side but I have heard it on other doors & even the driver's door once. Inquiring to see if there are any lubricant or other options to remedy. I searched the forums but haven't found anything yet.

Is that sound a problem?

I would kinda like that.

Thanks, I will try the silicone lubricant suggestion. I’ve had the Model3 for 5 years and 75K miles and it started in the last month or so. The sound is a little exaggerated and isn’t a pleasant mark of quality fit and finish :). More like the sound of peeling away something stuck together that makes you question whether it should be pulled away.