Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Down Payment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was financed through tesla for 90% LTV (Loan to Value) - and responsbile for the other 10% plus fees/taxes. However here in WA, we have 10.5% tax, plus a state transport fee of approx $1000 for a new tesla. So I ended up getting approved for 100% of MVPA.

We decided to finance more up front and pay off in bulk payments, rather than finance low and drop a huge down payment on it.
Ask your OA to talk to Tesla Financing, once you are approved. The rate was .25% more than my own credit union, but it was just easier once it was approved to apply everything to it.

The rate was .25% more than my own credit union, but it was just easier once it was approved to apply everything to it.

What rate did you get? My CU is offering 3.49%, I see Tesla is saying 4.25% on their site and a bunch of people have reported that Tesla has come in under that lately but nobody really says what rate they're getting.

I am almost certain it was 3.99%.
Either way, I looked at the difference in interest if I stayed the term of the loan, and it was around $600-700, which by the time we pay it off early within 3-4 years, wont make that much.
Tesla made it a simple process, so we stayed with the pre-approved credit amunt.