Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Doxxing discussion out of Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The court is not going to rule if this was doxxing (which it was).

If a restraining order is granted, that will be a confirmation by the court that skabooshka's actions constitute stalking, harassing and/or trespassing. These acts are unlawful.

Are you saying that stalkers, harassers have a right to preserve anonymity to be able to safely (for themselves but not for their victims) continue to stalk and harass?

My understanding of your comments is that you seem to be saying that people have a right to anonymity even when engaged in unlawful activity.

If a restraining order is granted, that will be a confirmation by the court that skaboophka's actions constitute stalking, harassing and/or trespassing. These acts are unlawful.

Restraining orders don't require the same standards of proof nor due diligence to conclusively state that. But even if he had done everything (and more) that is alleged, it was still not right to doxx him. If someone scratches your car, the right thing is not to go scratch theirs but to report whatever you know to the relevant authorities.

My understanding of your comments is that you seem to be saying that people have a right to anonymity even when engaged in unlawful activity.

I am saying that on this forum, reposting doxxing material is not allowed, even if the subject allegedly commits illegal activities. See the terms of use which are very clear on the subject and do not contain any exception for exposing alleged illegal activity.

• Disagree
Reactions: riverFox