Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Draagarm model S85 suspension 'clunky' and noticeably 'streuf' on roundabouts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, my pre-owned S85 from 2015 is a bit clunky on rougher bumpy roads and in my limited experience feels a bit 'streuf' on roundabouts. I think I should probably get the draagarmen and bushes replaced before something catastrophic happens, does anyone know how much this might cost or have any experience with this issue?

Just search Youtube and you will find plenty off info. I don't know off-course what could be wrong but most often the noise comes from the ball-joint above the front wheels. This needs some new grease sometimes.
Get is loose take the rubber off, put some new grease in and move it around a while. You will probably see it is hard to move at the start. Move it around till it is nicely greased and then put it back together.

Hi, sorry for my terrible Dutch, "streuf" is dialect I think, like thick pancake batter. Anyone with tips feel free to respond in Dutch, I am at the stage where I can understand everything well but stringing a coherent sentence together is still v. tricky, my apologies again 😅 The car made it through its APK (MOT) but the mechanic said there was a bit of 'play' in the 'draagarm' /suspension. I'm not capable enough to attempt that sort of fix so I guess I'll have to dip into my purse 😁 Thanks for the replies, gr, F

• Love
Reactions: nico180