Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dragy times for Plaid and LR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_0904.PNG

Could never get my plaid to run really anywhere near claimed 0-60. I was finally able to get pretty close to claimed. The road surface is the single most important factor. Most of the roads around here are absolutely awful. It's really a dramatic difference when the car can put the power down. Now I'm confident I could hit the 1.99 with rollout on an excellent surface. SOC was 80% I believe.

That is the difference between almost all the Plaids I've seen and the LR. They Plaids are within spitting distance of the claimed time and traction likely is the issue. SO at least you feel like the Plaid will meet the claimed times. With the S LR, the surface is not the limiting factor. The more I drive it the more I feel like they gimped the car.

If the car was uncorked, it would be a LOT closer to the Plaid than Tesla would like. It could easily be in the 2's 0-60.

That is the difference between almost all the Plaids I've seen and the LR. They Plaids are within spitting distance of the claimed time and traction likely is the issue. SO at least you feel like the Plaid will meet the claimed times. With the S LR, the surface is not the limiting factor. The more I drive it the more I feel like they gimped the car.

If the car was uncorked, it would be a LOT closer to the Plaid than Tesla would like. It could easily be in the 2's 0-60.
100%. Tesla totally handicapped the LR off the line. It’s a much quicker car than the 0-60 would suggest. It’s quicker than the outgoing Performance model and yet 0-60 is almost a second slower. It would run low 10s instead of high 10s if Tesla gave it the proper launch with just a software update

On the crappy roads around here I have many 0-60 in the 2.4-2.9 range. Many times there’s no perceptible tire spin (sometimes its flagrant) but the car feels down 300 hp. It cuts power/traction control. If the LR wasnt gimped it would be right in that range and likely wouldn’t have the traction issues the plaid does. So then there’s zero value proposition for the plaid, no reason to spend the money other than bragging rights.

• Funny
Reactions: bhzmark
I’m running 19” SV104s and they are both high performing and comfy.
I can only imagine. However, coming from years of daily driving trucks my model S on 21s rides amazingly comfortable. I went 21s for a couple reasons
1) looks
2) re-use stock tires
3) and possibly most important, I decided I wasn't going to lower the car even though I desperately want to. With the smaller wheels it needs to be lowered at least some in my opinion. In the case I have some issue with the suspension I don't want Tesla claiming my warranty is void.
4) Very slight performance gain with the 19/20 setup. Measurable but can you actually feel it??

Reactions: Hayseed_MS
100%. Tesla totally handicapped the LR off the line. It’s a much quicker car than the 0-60 would suggest. It’s quicker than the outgoing Performance model and yet 0-60 is almost a second slower. It would run low 10s instead of high 10s if Tesla gave it the proper launch with just a software update
I dont think Tesla will do it for LR

Reactions: mpgxsvcd
Looks like your SOC was 94. Do you have any experience with at what SOC the 0-60 will drop off?
0-60mph doesn't drop off much at all with lower SOC . 1/4 mile trap speed suffers the most .
There is bunch of tests with different SOC on my youtube channel.
10% -2.72 sec
15% - 2.45 sec
41% -2.30 sec
90%+ - 2.15 sec
90%+ with seats removed 2.12 sec

All of the times above are without 1ft rollout . 1ft rollout reduces the times by .1.5-.20 seconds