Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Drive side mirror and windows stopped working for a day

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yesterday, late morning, I was getting into my car for the third or fourth time that day and noticed the window didn't slide down when the door opened. That was a first. The car is about a year old. I tried "rolling" the window down with the button before getting in and closing the door, but nothing happened when I pushed it; completely dead. I tried the rest of the windows and found the passenger side windows worked fine, but neither window on the driver side would respond.

While getting in the car I also noticed the driver side side-mirror never unfolded. I tried going into the settings and pushing the button to fold and unfold the mirrors. The passenger side worked fine but the driver side was unresponsive. A hard reboot didn't help so I scheduled an appointment with Tesla for later in the week. No change when I check again later in the day or this morning, but after I received update 2019.36.2.4 this afternoon everything worked again.

Strange! Has anything like this happened to anyone else? I'm trying to decide if I should keep my service appointment.

Yesterday, late morning, I was getting into my car for the third or fourth time that day and noticed the window didn't slide down when the door opened. That was a first. The car is about a year old. I tried "rolling" the window down with the button before getting in and closing the door, but nothing happened when I pushed it; completely dead. I tried the rest of the windows and found the passenger side windows worked fine, but neither window on the driver side would respond.

While getting in the car I also noticed the driver side side-mirror never unfolded. I tried going into the settings and pushing the button to fold and unfold the mirrors. The passenger side worked fine but the driver side was unresponsive. A hard reboot didn't help so I scheduled an appointment with Tesla for later in the week. No change when I check again later in the day or this morning, but after I received update 2019.36.2.4 this afternoon everything worked again.

Strange! Has anything like this happened to anyone else? I'm trying to decide if I should keep my service appointment.
It won't hurt to have it checked out. It's still under warranty. Are you going to a service center, or will a mobile ranger be coming out?

I'm having problems with the driver side mirror (only) not returning to the profile position. I had a mobile appointment to look at it about a month ago, but elected not to make any part replacements because the problem had gone away for a few weeks. I attributed the "fix" to a software update. However, the problem has returned and is now much worse. My Model 3 was built in June. The local service center was going to order replacement parts, but I need to follow up with them as I have not heard anything from them.

@RedModel3 I had a mobile ranger coming, but I changed it to bring it into the shop. The apt isn't until the 23rd now, but there isn't a rush anymore. Everything seems to be working ok.

@John G I've had the profile thing happen a few times. I just hit the profile button to make it adjust. It only happened 2 or 3 times over the course of a few weeks. I never really thought twice about it. I'll let you know if the Service Center thinks it's related.

Reactions: RedModel3
Juuuuust has this happen as I reversed out of the garage and took off. The driver mirror didn’t go back into upright mode. I came to a stop down the block to put in park, then reverse then drive but same position. I ended up starting to adjust then hit the “restore” and poof it works fine now.

It’s a late June 2019 SR+ that just updated to 36.2.4 last night.

UPDATE: My drive side windows still work kind off... As of yesterday the one-touch (all the way up or down) no longer works. Now I have to hold the button. Not a big deal, but obviously something is still wrong with the car. Passenger side windows continue to work fine. I don't know about the mirrors. I turned the folding feature off after they miraculously started working again last time. I didn't want to risk them getting stuck in the folded position since my appointment isn't until Dec 23rd.

I don’t know if Tesla’s have a re-learning function or not for windows but all of our VW’s did.

bring the window all the way up and then all the way down and finally back up again. Make sure you’re pushing hard so it completes the whole thing (up or down) in one solid go

Reactions: malciv
Had a very interesting driver's-side mirror experience this weekend. I may have bumped the mirror in some way while loading a Christmas tree onto the roof rack. Driving back from the tree farm the mirror was out of whack and pressing "restore" didn't fix it so I manually adjusted it and saved the new position. I don't use auto-fold so the mirror stayed in that position when I got home. The next day, about 1/4 mile into my commute the mirror folded itself out from the already-unfolded position, such that it was facing forwards ridiculously. I'm not sure why that's possible, but it is! Picture attached.

I folded the mirrors from the screen at my next stop light and it folded all the way back in. Unfolding then fixed the issue.

IMG_20191209_102152.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: malciv and Matsayz