Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Drive the car while charging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Recharged!

139267D9-8D1F-46F3-A435-A45ECE200070.jpeg

I never imagine the Superchargers as a place where you need to worry. If you are threatened there will be LOTS of witnesses who can hopefully help. I would think the possibility that a criminal knows you are immobile while charging would be less likely than that they know if you are alone at the moment you will have company coming and going all the time at the charge station.

-Randy

Ok, don’t laugh, but I wonder if this could be possible. Could a Tesla semi carry a few huge power packs and drop a snake charger to a Tesla pulling in behind it on certain stretches of highway(thinking for semi here)? Charge while driving? Grew up in an Air Force pilot family, and always thought it was cool when the jets would refuel by kc 135 tanker planes... could autonomous semi “refueling” trucks be possible, or did I drink too much kool aid???
Possible sure, but astronomically expensive and impractical.

Down the road I could definitely see autonomous semis doing something similar by dropping a small battery trailer and hooking up to another mid-drive.

This is why the flamethrower should be a vehicle option.:)
Flamethrower? Bro, come on. I mean, it's right in the name.
tesla coil.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: israndy
Welllll, six years, never anyone wanting to car jack me. They want to look, touch, drool, but never a suggestion to take the car. Heck, I'm offering them drives. I should add that the six years is on top of 50 more of driving, never having anyone try to break in or damage my car or try to steal it. Some people just have WAY more imagination than they need.

It ain't gonna happen. I don't lock my house, either.