Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Driver assist problems

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would really like the 'driver assist' functions on my 2021 Model 3 permanently disabled. They are annoying, intrusive, distracting, and often dangerous. It always misinterprets what is happening with lanes on the roadway and the motion of other vehicles. The alarm is loud and obtrusive. It seems to think I'm leaving the roadway when lanes are poorly marked. It locks the brakes up in parking lots when it gets confused, which creates a very dangerous situation. It is worse than useless. Will Tesla disconnect it, or do I have to report them to the NTSB like everyone else is?

I rarely experience these issues. Agree with above post ref dumbing the car down. Or, sell the car and get one that's better suited for your needs. You should be able to get a nice premium for your M3

Did you get things checked out by Tesla service?

Upvote 0
I rarely experience these issues. Agree with above post ref dumbing the car down. Or, sell the car and get one that's better suited for your needs. You should be able to get a nice premium for your M3

Did you get things checked out by Tesla service?
That's also been on my mind---when it's paid off, take the 60 grand and buy a new Corvette. It's such an unnecessary conundrum, driving the Model 3 is such a pleasure and a blast because of it's performance and incredibly sophisticated suspension --more fun on the back roads than any car I've ever driven. My Mustang let me completely shut off the traction control so I could drift it; now THAT would be fun in the Model 3 RWD. Most people I know, and there's a lot of them around here, are like me--they like DRIVING the Model 3, and could care less about being treated like an invalid by a tiny chip that will never approach the computing power and awareness of the 3 pound biological quantum computer that rests inside our skulls, and took evolution 4 billion years to create.

Upvote 0
Unfortunately, Tesla's data is highly contrived. Why not just let men and women who like to DRIVE turn the B.S. off so we can enjoy the car for what it truly is---an incredible road machine.
It would be nice if Tesla would provide a vote for the features, designs, preferences.

It's now the opposite: Isolationist: disbanded public relations, make it really hard to talk to Tesla...

It sounds like Tesla believes what best for its customers and any feedback would be considered as "complaints".

Upvote 0