Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Driver Door falling off

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The top bolt on my driver door came loose, finger loose. This resulted in the door falling backward. To close or open the driver door, I had to lift the door. I got an appointment with the Tesla SC to correct the problem, appointment is 3 weeks after reporting the problem. In the mean time, I did tighten the top bolt but the door is still misaligned. Here is the picture of the loose bolt.
Tesla_Driver_Door.JPG

I had the same issue -- the door kept getting slightly looser. Mobile service came out on Christmas Eve and tightened bolt, realigned door. It closes fine now, although there are some issues with the window closing all the way. He made an appointment for me to go to body shop next week to complete the fix (possibly by replacing the door).

L_Mont: Update? How old, how many miles on your car?

Car was pickup July 2020, now has 7400 miles.

We are dropping the car to the Service center on Monday 11 Jan. I hope they will also fix the tailgate alignment. This was not fixed properly on a previous service visit.

I do not know if we we will get a loaner or not. If not, this is not a problem as we have 4 cars for 2 drivers. One is a F36 BMW and other one is E90 BMW. I must say that we always get a loaner from the dealer when our cars are in for service.

After seeing your post I decided to check mine (I didn't have any alignment issues on the door) and I noticed that the washer was not securely held by the bolt. It spins and wobbles freely (I couldn't tighten the bolt like you could)...I added it to my mobile tech appointment coming up next week to address two other delivery issues. My MY is only ~3 weeks old though and VIN 83xxx. Kind of