Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Driver Profiles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are we doing something wrong here (possible) with our driver profiles? I have one for me and one for my wife, each one is set to a key. This is working just fine, the problem happens when we change who is driving. Say I use my keyfob and drive to location A then she drives to location B. When she clicks on her profile it sets the set not to my profile nor does it set to hers. We've rearranged the seat and saved to her profile, but if we say click back on my profile it doesn't go back to mine nor does it go back to hers that we just saved when you select hers.

Ideas?

Also What does the little lock pad do on the top left of the screen?

• Funny
Reactions: KerryOH
OP, please re-read this post. No idea what you are saying. What does ‘set the set’ mean? I’ve never had a problem changing between profiles tapping on them. In an X you can’t have both fobs in the car at the same time. The 3 can tell who is driving, the X can’t (if both fobs are in the car).

And what ‘lock pad’? The padlock is whether the car is locked or not and tapping it unlocks it or locks it. That what you mean for that?

What does ‘set the set’ mean?
Sets the seat...

He's staying that when he clicks on her profile, it doesn't set the seat to any one of their profiles..

Are we doing something wrong here (possible) with our driver profiles? I have one for me and one for my wife, each one is set to a key. This is working just fine, the problem happens when we change who is driving. Say I use my keyfob and drive to location A then she drives to location B. When she clicks on her profile it sets the set not to my profile nor does it set to hers. We've rearranged the seat and saved to her profile, but if we say click back on my profile it doesn't go back to mine nor does it go back to hers that we just saved when you select hers.

Ideas?

Also What does the little lock pad do on the top left of the screen?

Have you enabled Easy Entry mode for the seating? There should be a profile for Easy Entry.. if there is, click that first and see what happens. If nothing, while under Easy Entry, set the seat to something very different from both of your profiles.

Only using one key nearby (keep the other far away), get in the car, make sure it switches to your profile, buckle up, and switch to drive. Now, back into Park and unbuckle. It should switch to the Easy Entry seat setting. If it doesn't, you may want to make an appointment for service to take a look.

Or, try a good old fashioned reboot or power down of the X.

Oh ouch yeah "sets the seat" sorry was dealing with a 3yr old climbing on me and a 3 month old screaming the tale of his people.

I have not used the Easy Entry due to a car seat behind the driver but I'll give that a try and reboot / power down.

We have no problem switching profiles. We usually have just my fob with us. When we switch drivers at a Supercharger during a trip my wife just taps on her profile and it changes for her. Could still be a problem specifically with two fobs. We haven't tried that.

Oh ouch yeah "sets the seat" sorry was dealing with a 3yr old climbing on me and a 3 month old screaming the tale of his people.

I have not used the Easy Entry due to a car seat behind the driver but I'll give that a try and reboot / power down.

Ah, there's actually two different "Easy Entry" settings... I also have a car seat (but, behind the passenger)... There's the "Easy Entry" in the settings page that changes the rear access button to not automatically go forwards/backwards with one press... That's the important one so your seat doesn't smash into anything/kid doesn't end up where they shouldn't.

But, the second, is actually in your driver profile settings - that "Easy Entry" makes your driver seat (and other settings, as it is a profile) go to an "unoccupied default." So, I have the driver seat, in Easy Entry, push back a little and lower... You can use this as a test to see if your profiles are adjusting as necessary (and removing the key as a factor for interference). If you use PIN-to-drive, the Easy Entry profile is the default as well, and you can even have different climate settings for it (as a default - it can also be confusing if you set the climate before it switches to your profile, which might have different settings).