Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Driver side inside window crack after <1 month ownership

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

I got a Model 3 three weeks ago and yesterday I saw an inch-long crack on the inside of the driver-side window, it is on the inside window, relatively high on the window, but not the edge.
So today I went to the nearest Tesla dealer and they told me it wouldn't be covered under a guarantee. I am honestly quite shocked, did anyone have a similar problem with their car? I did not hit the window in any way.
What would you do? A friend told me to put in a service request, they would me make sign that I would pay for it if they determine it's my fault and they would probably just replace it without me having to pay for it. What do you think?
Thank you very much!!
Dave

if there is any sort of impact mark on it at all, it is not a warranty thing. If there isnt any marks, perhaps you could get it covered. Since you didnt post any pictures of it, we have no idea.

Since you already took it to a service center (im assuming thats what you mean by dealer), and they said they wouldnt cover it, that was likely put in your file so you will have a fight on your hands to try to get it covered. To answer the usual next question, "no, we are not aware of any escalation path outside of the service center".

I'm an older gent, going to be 75 in three months, and this is my 3rd Model S. I went with a Paid this time around, and I simply love my Tesla. However, I have not been very happy with the Service and now something that could have killed me, if I were driving on the 101 highway at a higher speed. Anway, I pulled into a Tesla charging station in a parking garage. Backed into the space and as I opened the door, I heard a very loud bang. This picture tells it all. It scared the heck out of me. It happened 5 days ago, and I need to wait another 4 days for road side service to come out to repair it. Tesla doesn't take responsibility, and I probably will get a Lucid in about a year, if Tesla allows me to live that long.
IMG_0821.jpg

Our Y developed a crack in the bottom corner within a few days after we took delivery. No chips or signs of impact. Tesla replaced it. We also have a zero deductible windshield replacement insurance for all our cars (which we didn't use for this incident).

I’m at the service center right now getting my windshield replaced. I was rinsing my car getting ready to wash it and heard a loud pop. The windshield cracked center top right in front of the camera, which was especially annoying because any time I went to use autopilot the wipers thought it was raining. More than it usually does.

67E78381-3132-4C18-A51A-F3243DF613E4.jpeg