Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Drivers air vent different directions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been wondering about an issue I have with my 3 since I got it in March.

I tend to get sweaty palms when I'm driving, so I have the HVAC vents split to point each stream at the steering wheel where my hands rest.

The left air stream hit my hand perfectly, but the right air stream doesn't hit my right hand at all, the right air stream is somehow blowing lower than the left and hitting my right knee.

Is this normal ?

I have the same issue in a March build as well but I just always assumed it was the drive selector stalk splitting the airflow away

I had wondered if that was causing it, but setting the fan on max speed and following the airstream showed it was flowing lower from the vent.

I'm hesitant to make a service request because it seems like they have to pull apart the whole dash just to get to the flow control, and I don't know if they can even do anything about it.

I had wondered if that was causing it, but setting the fan on max speed and following the airstream showed it was flowing lower from the vent.

I'm hesitant to make a service request because it seems like they have to pull apart the whole dash just to get to the flow control, and I don't know if they can even do anything about it.
Yeah sometimes I wish it just had regular vents but I’ve also noticed the airflow on 2020.28.6 seems different idk how to explain it but it feels like less air hits me now even on max speed and no matter where I aim it it doesn’t feel like the way I had it set before