Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Driver's seat controls not working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I updated to 2017.48 today and wanted to setup the entry/exit profile.

I tried to move the driver's seat backwards using the controls on the side of the seat. My seat moves in every direction but backwards. It really seems to be a switch problem (not a motor problem) because if I restore my seating position after moving the seat forward it moves backwards no problem to my preset position.

Has anyone seen this before?

I was excited to see this tread, but my problem is different. About a month ago, my passenger seat froze in a bolt upright position. It will move forward and back, but it does not tilt. I called our local service center and the first available appointment was three weeks. I took the first available appointment which was a few days ago. During the day while my car was at the service center, I received a text stating they have to order a new seat which takes 6-8 weeks. This is livable, but not great since our relatively tall sons will be home for Christmas. So far short people find it tolerable, but tall people are uncomfortable. If I have a client or employee with me, I have to explain how my seat will be inoperable for three months.

When I went to pick up the car I was told to wait in their waiting room while the porter drove the car to the drive. I was the only customer and there were 5-6 service advisers on the other side of their glass partition shooting the breeze ignoring the only customer. It use to be that my advisor knew me by name, and always made an effort to have a friendly conversation. The service manager told me once that when he saw my name on their appointment list he made an effort to watch for me so we could chat. If someone made an effort to tell me that they worked on the seat for a couple of hours and could not fix it for this or that reason, I would be more understanding of the wait. For whatever reason it seems that Tesla has cut the customer interaction in the service department to the bare minimum.