Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Driver's seat is too small

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

SteevO

Supporting Member
Oct 1, 2023
Las Vegas, NV
I am only 5'5 and weigh about 170 lb. I feel like my driver's seat is so tight that I would really much rather have a wider seat or at least the big wings sticking up could be adjusted outwards a little bit. I can't even imagine how people who weigh more than me, can be comfortable over a long period of time. Does anybody have any insight or how this can be adjusted or are most model X drivers just putting up with it?

I am only 5'5 and weigh about 170 lb. I feel like my driver's seat is so tight that I would really much rather have a wider seat or at least the big wings sticking up could be adjusted outwards a little bit. I can't even imagine how people who weigh more than me, can be comfortable over a long period of time. Does anybody have any insight or how this can be adjusted or are most model X drivers just putting up with it?
How about building up the middle with a cushion?

Interesting, I a 6'2" and 200 and frankly speaking, I never thought of the MX seat as too small.
That's very funny. I guess it's just me! Because no one else in my family thinks it's too small either. I've been driving a 2023 Hyundai sonata and that is one of the most comfortable seats I've ever sat in. I wish my model X compared at least a little bit to that seat.

Reactions: Silicon Desert
Yah Im not a big guy compared to lot of my friends 5' 11'' 190 lb but wish the seats were wider I can fit but not as comfortable as other cars Ive had I always find myself leaving my left leg up with my knee bent and resting it on the little ramp on ground. Maybe it's because I found out constantly getting out over the left side of the little seat mountain it started to lose its form like an old mattress on my 2016 so I try to baby it.

That's very funny. I guess it's just me! Because no one else in my family thinks it's too small either. I've been driving a 2023 Hyundai sonata and that is one of the most comfortable seats I've ever sat in. I wish my model X compared at least a little bit to that seat.
Reminding me of the wife. While I am fine in the seat, she thinks it is uncomfortable. She's half my weight and lot shorter. Go figure that one. :)

Reactions: KrenGrl