Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

driver's side higher than passenger side??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi
thinking about getting some lowering links for the car and with the car set to "low" setting I'm measuring 29 1/4 inches floor to apex of wheel fender on the driver side but on the passenger side it's 28 3/4? is this normal? or should does the ride height need to be recalibrated by service center??

most cars are like that to compensate drivers weight distribution

Not true and especially not true with self leveling air suspension. My P85D's left vs right is within 1/8" of each other.

Also, make sure the pavement you were on is truly flat and level which can throw it off if it isn't.

If that doesn't fix it, take it to Tesla first and have them do a ride height calibration which will absolutely level the car out. Do that before you put the lowering links on because they won't touch it after that.

Or get adjustable lowering links and tune height to whatever you want with whatever weight is in the car.

The best repeatability of picking a ride height in my car is about 1/4".. Even with the car sitting in the exact same spot...

So if you're out to within 1/4" of what you want... that's pretty much the resolution of the car.

Nobody can spot 1/4" difference by standing back and looking at the car.. and this would have no significant dynamic effect on driving.. so good enough.