Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Driving to Cape Breton in 2023?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I understand there's older threads on this, but I am planning a road trip from ontario that ends up in cape breton where we will stay and drive around Cabot Trail for a few days. How is the charging situation with level 2 and superchargers? Do I need to get a CCS retrofit or can I just rely on superchargers? (I'm taking the MX LR with about 500km theoretical range) - It will be fall weather (no snow).

I understand there's older threads on this, but I am planning a road trip from ontario that ends up in cape breton where we will stay and drive around Cabot Trail for a few days. How is the charging situation with level 2 and superchargers? Do I need to get a CCS retrofit or can I just rely on superchargers? (I'm taking the MX LR with about 500km theoretical range) - It will be fall weather (no snow).
It's not bad at all and looks very doable.

This is from Plugshare. Just download the app to your phone and you should be fine
evchargers_capeBreton.png

Reactions: Hugh Mannity
You can use SCs to get to Cape Breton. Many of these on this map are Tesla L2 chargers so they are pretty good, especially if you can use one overnight. But it will still likely take you several hours to fully charge.