Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Driving to Tahoe... How much charge?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know there are a lot of SF Bay Area folks who poke in on this thread, but with the new Placerville supercharger along with winter being upon us, I thought I'd share:

It's about 62 miles from the Placerville charger at McDonalds to the Hard Rock Hotel. Tonight the temperature was between 25F (Echo Summit) to 35F (leaving Placerville)

We had chain controls "officially" between Twin Bridges and Meyers (Bug Station, new round-about) but the slushy stuff really started out at Carson Road (a bit past exit 54, where the Subway and gas station / pizza place is at )

I'm in a three motor model S and the average consumption was 690 Wh/miles where it's typically 540 Wh/miles. Supposedly consumed 44kWh on the way here, taking 2h 12m.

Tires are Toyo Celsius on 19" rims, inflated to 50 PSI (53PSI in the Bay Area).

Safe speed was down to 20MPH (slush, hardpack) up to 55MPH (fresh scraped)

In the summer, I'll pick up less than a 50% charge to get to the Hard Rock, but this time, went all the way to 84% "just in case" because of the detour (jack knifed truck and a load of cattle wandering the highway)

That's about 34 kWh consumption, taking about 1h 10m

Plan accordingly ;)

Reactions: ddawson