Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Driving up hill -strange sound from the bottom

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, I have a car for 25 days now. Very happy and car is working very well. But when I drive out from my garage ... need to go up hill for 2 floors ( quite steep) I faced the sound like almost touched the bottom ... But checked yesterday with my friend from outside... no problems with clearance ... but sound ! I start to suspect if "antiback" brakes activated or so? But I hold "gas pedal" all the time to go up... and still strange "scratchy" sound coming from the bottom somewhere.
I rfecorded sound on video... may be somebody can advice or reccomend to disengage somehow "antiback break" to test , if this is a reason. I cannot reproduce same in any other location, just my garage only.
I put link with sound below

Get Sky

If pebble will be in the brakes it will be notiseble in all conditions, I guess. But no any sound when I used the brakes... Yesterday I simulated full turns right and left but on flat surface and without any sound . The sound appear only when I am driving UP HILL 2 floors from garage. No sound when I am going down into garage. ONLY when I drive UP HILL( quite steep)
Today morning I delivered my car to Tesla workshop in Oslo. Got loaner Model S ... arrived to the office and no problems with similar sound at all. Let see what Tesla will discover , if any...

just to update.Service man went with me to my garage and admitted the issue.Noticed when drive little bit faster (10 km/h) no any sound.When slower than 8 km/h going the sound.... No conclusion.Checked in workshop and created the case to Tesla.Can roll back brake on the age of activation?So far no other issues.Happy with the car.

Please let us know what happens. I have a very steep driveway too. My car is to be delivered next week.
No any news... I just use little bit more speed .. over 8 kmh and no any sound. Also was driving last weekend around Norway with big mountain roads and no any issues.... just drive the speed over 8 kmh … Actually this is slow... no problems so far.