Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

DRL finally match

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

SimonCC

Supporting Member
After a few months, my other DRL has had the usual fail… so they now match. Awesome. (2018 MS75D)
IMG_3953.jpeg

I say keep it like that. It's a new look altogether at the price of $0.
I intend to. Assuming the MOT is fine, I can’t be bothered to spend cash on replacing or repairing them.
It had been bugging me for months that they were lopsided. I was tempted to buy a second hand headlight unit with the DRL malfunction so they matched - as ETigris says…
Patience is everything

We are getting ours replaced on Monday. Our 12/2016 S has ten months left on extended warranty. (Cost estimate was $4400 — $200 of that my extended warranty co-pay. Coincidentally, I think $4400 is about what we paid for four-year extended warranty.) I wonder how many years they have been screwed up — and I never noticed😂 However ours are anything but uniform. They remind me of the infamous yellow band around our main screen that was replaced twice under warranty. Same design team perhaps?

Bought our third new Tesla six months ago and love the cars but the S’ headlight and main screen issues seem to be pretty shabby design work. I will probably die before I have to replace many of the LEDs in our house and would have expected somewhat similar results from Tesla headlights. But I see others here have posted that the issue isn’t the fault of bad LEDs.

Attachments

• IMG_1438.jpeg
    IMG_1438.jpeg
    399.9 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1444.jpeg
    IMG_1444.jpeg
    413.6 KB · Views: 14
Last edited: