Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dryer Buddy Plus AUTO (10-30)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I purchased earlier this year so I can piggy back off my dryer in the garage to charge my car. This one is fully automated so someone can start the dryer and it'll stop charging the car so you don't trip the breaker. I also upgraded to include a 35' cord so you can place the outlet at a different location. The display will tell you how much kWh it has used so this will help anyone who shares utilities to calculate how much they've used to charge the car.

There's nothing wrong with it, I moved to a new home that has car charging outlet already setup.

This was my original order...

1x Upgrade pak for Dryer Buddy™ on order (waiting for build) to remote EVSE outlet - Same as original order / 3-prong (example: NEMA 10-30, 10-50, 6-30, 6-50, L6-30) / 35' for $119.79 each
1x Dryer Buddy™ Plus AUTO #1 Custom 30A 2-way switcher, 5' 10-30 plug cable (before 1996) to two 10-30 outlets with optional kWh/Watt/Volt/Amp meter - with kWh meter for $362.59 each

Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_0814.JPEG
    IMG_0814.JPEG
    483.3 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG_0815.JPEG
    IMG_0815.JPEG
    354.7 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_0816.JPEG
    IMG_0816.JPEG
    442.5 KB · Views: 114
Did you sell it? I am curious, what does the Tesla do when the dryer buddy cuts the power to the mobile connector. Doesn't the mobile connector then complain about a fault and cause an alert on your phone, among other things? Do you have to turn that off (thus not getting other alerts?)