Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

dsl modem/router to Netgear extender to Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After my MCU upgrade, I can't connect my car to my wifi. I get a message in car "Unable to obtain IP address. Please check DHCP server settings. I believe the problem is that the Netgear EX 7000 interferes with the DHCP functioning of the DSL Modem/Router. I have only Mac stuff and therefore can't get to change the Netgear's settings. Is there a good range extender that can play nicely with an Actiontec 3260 and my Tesla? Or a way to use a MacBook Pro to change the settings in the Netgear EX 7000 that I already own?

Make sure your router isn't reserving the IP that the extender's looking for to the MAC of your old MCU. DHCP reservation? Renew/Release? Here's some info to get into your gear from a Mac:

• On a Mac you should use: http://mywifiext.local/ to access your Netgear EX 7000 extender's settings

• On the Actiontec 3260 you should be able to find your extender's IP address by viewing: "Internet Service" → "Connection Status"

Last edited:
After my MCU upgrade, I can't connect my car to my wifi. I get a message in car "Unable to obtain IP address. Please check DHCP server settings. I believe the problem is that the Netgear EX 7000 interferes with the DHCP functioning of the DSL Modem/Router. I have only Mac stuff and therefore can't get to change the Netgear's settings. Is there a good range extender that can play nicely with an Actiontec 3260 and my Tesla? Or a way to use a MacBook Pro to change the settings in the Netgear EX 7000 that I already own?
Make sure your router isn't reserving the IP that the extender's looking for to the MAC of your old MCU. DHCP reservation? Renew/Release? Here's some info to get into your gear from a Mac:

• On a Mac you should use: http://mywifiext.local/ to access your Netgear EX 7000 extender's settings

• On the Actiontec 3260 you should be able to find your extender's IP address by viewing: "Internet Service" → "Connection Status"