Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dual Charger Pricing (Look at it if you are going to install it/ already installed)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I dun see $17700 is correct price.

According to HK C&E website, they mentioned as follows:
什麼是公佈零售價? - 汽車首次登記稅系統

I dun see I am finding exploit and demand it at $11600, I do think your concept is totally messed up. I just compared the quotation from DS (HK$17700) and PRP attached to me when I order my new car (HK$11600).

I will do any possible actions to fight with this issue. Too much disappointment on Tesla!
Im wondering the same thing. What exactly are you trying to achieve? it sounds reasonable that they made a mistake as they told you, so are you trying to scam a cheaper price when you seemed happy with the $17.7k previously quoted. What are you disappointed in Tesla about?

Im wondering the same thing. What exactly are you trying to achieve? it sounds reasonable that they made a mistake as they told you, so are you trying to scam a cheaper price when you seemed happy with the $17.7k previously quoted. What are you disappointed in Tesla about?

I dun see this is a mistake.
They updated this PRP for times, and they still quote the same price, $11600

That is the price quoted to you by Tesla HK. QOD it is the correct price.

So you are happy to pay the correct price you were quoted of $17700?

If not, what are you asking for? Presumably Tesla HK are already correcting the mistake in the price list they sent to customs. Perhaps they have already, but customs haven't published it yet?
I get 2 price list, one from the date I order my tesla, one from few weeks ago, they still quoted the same. I am not going to pay $17700 as they committed the price. I just see they just wanted to charge me more and cheating customers.

And for those who just wanted to say something I am doing exploit and scam, just think deeply to the logic. They have to bare what they announced. In a such large enterprise like this, they should verify all materials before making announcement to the public.

I get 2 price list, one from the date I order my tesla, one from few weeks ago, they still quoted the same. I am not going to pay $17700 as they committed the price. I just see they just wanted to charge me more and cheating customers.

OK. Now I am confused. You said in your original post that the DS quoted you HK$17700. That is presumably the one from the date you ordered your Tesla?

So, what is the one from a few weeks ago? Did Tesla HK send you that one, or was it from customs website?

I could be completely wrong, but I would have thought the Customs & Excise Department cares about the value of the car when it was imported into Hong Kong. As markwj points out, Tesla (US) made a change that all cars leaving the factory would be single charger only. If a customer wanted dual-charger, the local service center would add the second charger.
In such a scenario, the PRP quoted in the Customs & Excise Department is actually meaningless, because all cars come into Hong Kong with a single charger only.
After the car has arrived in HK, Tesla HK charges $17,700 to add the second charger. As markwj points out, that is roughly in line with US pricing plus shipping.

OK. Now I am confused. You said in your original post that the DS quoted you HK$17700. That is presumably the one from the date you ordered your Tesla?

So, what is the one from a few weeks ago? Did Tesla HK send you that one, or was it from customs website?

I got one when I made order to Tesla. And DS quoted by phone after confirmation of order.

And at 6/3. They still listed dual charger at $11600 on their PRP in the showroom and I got one of this copy.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    737.5 KB · Views: 59
I could be completely wrong, but I would have thought the Customs & Excise Department cares about the value of the car when it was imported into Hong Kong. As markwj points out, Tesla (US) made a change that all cars leaving the factory would be single charger only. If a customer wanted dual-charger, the local service center would add the second charger.
In such a scenario, the PRP quoted in the Customs & Excise Department is actually meaningless, because all cars come into Hong Kong with a single charger only.
After the car has arrived in HK, Tesla HK charges $17,700 to add the second charger. As markwj points out, that is roughly in line with US pricing plus shipping.
Please look at it, the dual charger listed is categorised as an option.

I got one when I made order to Tesla. And DS quoted by phone after confirmation of order.

And at 6/3. They still listed dual charger at $11600 on their PRP in the showroom and I got one of this copy.

OK. Understood. Did the showroom price say that it included installation? It would be great if you have a picture of that, as it was a year after the price change.

cyrushk, you're not understanding me.
Yes, it's listed there but it doesn't apply. Your car was imported into Hong Kong with a single charger only. There are plenty of other options on the PRP that don't necessarily apply to your car (e.g. you got 19" wheels; the 21" wheels don't apply to your car either.)

The second charger is added by Tesla HK and thus, the PRP doesn't apply.

According to DS, the price listed on price list is labour inclusive.

But your DS is the one who quoted you HK$17,700? I'm so confused here.

I think it best you take it up with the customs and excise department if you consider that to be an issue. That is what you've said Tesla advised you as well.

Or ask a friend to go into tesla showroom and ask for a quote on a car including dual charger to see what price they give out to customers. I suspect it will be HK$17,700 installed.

But your DS is the one who quoted you HK$17,700? I'm so confused here.

I think it best you take it up with the customs and excise department if you consider that to be an issue. That is what you've said Tesla advised you as well.

Or ask a friend to go into tesla showroom and ask for a quote on a car including dual charger to see what price they give out to customers. I suspect it will be HK$17,700 installed.
Yes, my DS quote $17700 during the call after confirmation.

cyrushk, you're not understanding me.
Yes, it's listed there but it doesn't apply. Your car was imported into Hong Kong with a single charger only. There are plenty of other options on the PRP that don't necessarily apply to your car (e.g. you got 19" wheels; the 21" wheels don't apply to your car either.)

The second charger is added by Tesla HK and thus, the PRP doesn't apply.
All items listed at section B are options that I can choose before delivery or when placing order. Which means I can buy or choose at that listed price.

Please check the date of this document. It is effective from June 2015. My car arrived HK in August ,2015 equipped with factory installed dual charger at the price of HK$11500. The document was correct.

Please check the date of this document. It is effective from June 2015. My car arrived HK in August ,2015 equipped with factory installed dual charger at the price of HK$11500. The document was correct.

Silverbird, in your case, there is no contention or inconsistency. Your second charger was installed at the factory (before the change) and at the time, the cost was HK$11,500. That means your car was imported into Hong Kong with the second charger, and accordingly, it was reported to Customs & Excise Department to include the HK$11,500.

What cyrushk seems to not be understanding (deliberately?) is that after the change, the second charger is added in Hong Kong, so all cars arriving in HK are single charger only. In fact, if the second charger cost is included in the Customs declaration, Customs would find it strange because the car only has a single charger when it is imported. And it is within Tesla HK's power to add other options -- after all, many owners buy a center console afterwards, rubber mats, ChaDEMO adapter etc.

PS. BTW, Tesla can't arbitrarily add options into the car even if it is free. The Customs & Excise Department doesn't allow it and needs the declaration to be filled in exactly. To wit, when Tesla first started taking orders for the Model S in HK, they charged extra (HK$1,900?) for the trunk cover. Then, just before they started delivering cars, they decided to include the trunk cover for free. When the first few Model Ss were delivered in HK (with the trunk cover in the car but not showing on the invoice), Customs spotted the inconsistency and needed the paperwork refiled. All I'm saying is to emphasize the point: when the car comes in single charger, it needs to be declared to the Customs & Excise Department as single charger. What Tesla HK does afterwards is something else...

Last edited: