Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dual Motor or Performance without autopilot

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone ordered an Dual Motor or Stealth Performance model without autopilot?

I know you can get the “off menu” SR without autopilot and it saves you $3000 but I’ve never heard of them doing that on a higher end one.

Funny you ask, When I changed my order from an off menu SR to the LR AWD, I asked if I could leave autopilot off, and I was told that it's not possible. I paid full price, and took delivery a few days ago. The car doesn't have basic autopilot enabled, and it's showing in my app as a $3k upgrade I can buy. I've sent an email to support and to the Sales person I worked with but haven't heard anything back yet.

I wonder if the ticket that was created to remove Autopilot from my original SR order stayed open when my order changed and they disabled it on my LR AWD.

Funny you ask, When I changed my order from an off menu SR to the LR AWD, I asked if I could leave autopilot off, and I was told that it's not possible

That is interesting. I guess they could clearly do it if they wanted to but I’m not sure if they have any incentive to do so. I’m looking at the used market right now but so many cars have FSD that it’s frustrating because I don’t want to pay a premium for features I don’t care about. A brand new stealth performance under $50k with no autopilot would be a hell of a deal! Especially when used dual motor are all $43k+ even with a good bit of miles on them.

I hope you get your situation resolved quickly I’m sure things will be hectic for the next few weeks given all the rushed deliveries before the new year.