Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

All autopilot features inactive

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

gnuarm

Model X 100 with 72 amp chargers
I typically use autopilot in my X. A few days ago I found it was not working and all the related icons on the instrument cluster were not visible. I've given the car a reset, but no change. I've disabled all the related functions in the control menu and re-enabled them, with no change.

Anyone seen this before? Any idea what's wrong? Is there a way to discuss this with Tesla without taking the car into the shop? The car is past the 4 year warranty. I've heard of Teslas being bricked by the updates and Tesla requiring you to pay to fix it. I'm hoping I don't have to deal with this.

At this point you could try a software reinstall from service mode. That has worked for at least one prison. But given how widespread this appears to be, I would hope there will be a software update to fix it soon.

I typically use autopilot in my X. A few days ago I found it was not working and all the related icons on the instrument cluster were not visible. I've given the car a reset, but no change. I've disabled all the related functions in the control menu and re-enabled them, with no change.

Anyone seen this before? Any idea what's wrong? Is there a way to discuss this with Tesla without taking the car into the shop? The car is past the 4 year warranty. I've heard of Teslas being bricked by the updates and Tesla requiring you to pay to fix it. I'm hoping I don't have to deal with this.
Are your cameras working? Is your gps screen stuck?

I got my car back today with the new computer. I paid $2700 out of pocket to have it fixed. Its on pre-holiday software now so I'll try to keep it that way as long as possible. I don't want it fried again and have no interest in Tesla ruining it again then giving me the bill.
Whats the warranty on new computer? Might want to update it under warranty...