Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dutch Model S in Supercharger Bay for over 2 days

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi there,

The London Tower Bridge SuperCharger site only has 2 bays and a Model S from Netherlands has been stuck in one of them for over 2 days. Half of the UK Owners Group are worried something has happened to the driver and the other are worried that this is ultimate bay blocking. If you are on this forum and OK could you please move ASAP? 4-SRN-05

Thanks.

I am baffled that nobody contacted Tesla to let them tow the car away. Should be easy enough and is far more effective than waiting for something to happen or trying to contact the owner through the internet.

Well it is being discussed on the UK Facebook page that is monitored by Tesla UK, but I cannot see them towing. Hopefully they have tried to contact the owner, but Tesla would not tell us if they have got through or not. Thought I would try here, but knowing most users of this forum would never deliberately block I am not hopeful the driver will see the message!

Parking at the Supercharger is free, and in the streets of London is not. It wouldn't be the first Dutch cheapskate who doesn't care about the consequences for others
Hmm, it's not really something I would associate with a P85 owner (maybe if it was a bone dry stock 85...)
(ok... maybe it's a company car vs private trip expenses thing)
Even then, if it was me I wouldn't want to risk being towed or (worse) get the car keyed because of my own selfishness or wanting to save a few pounds...
I'm giving the owner the benefit of the doubt. Hopefully nothing bad happened to him/her though.

Tesla has al our telephonenumbers and emailadresses. So just call tesla emergencynumber on the poles and explain them the situation.
They can then contact the owner of the car.

The silver P85 must have had a lovely weekend and apparently has departed. Bad enough in a large multi-bay location, but blocking 50% of a 2 bay one is beyond cheeky.
We do apologise for the bad manners from our fellow Dutchman. If we pass him somewhere on our roads we'll flip him a finger instead of waving at him the way we usually do.
By the way, we're not all like this one Tesla owner. Some of us know how to behave.

Last saturday I needed to charge in London. Since I would be at least 3 hours busy, I had planned for an regular charging spot nearby. But I couldn't find it. The "plan B" chargers were occupied.
Without charging the return-trip was a no-go (plan C; enough Soc to get back to Maidstone had already failed)

So supercharging was the only option left.
Plan D "supercharging after my appointement" also failed due to lack of time due to d-tours which caused plan C to fail.

I presume the London-SuC's are more intended for "local-use" than "long-Road-trip-use"; but still not comfortable whith, because of the 3 hours occupying a SuC-spot (first time ever doing that)

Tower bridge seemed the best spot for me.
However, I choose (to check on) Canary wharf, since there are 4 stalles, and 7 regular charging-points (not available to me / my charge-pass).
All empty, so I did it, whith a feeling of shame over myself.
When I returned there was only 1 other model S charging, so at least nobody was waiting for me to leave.

Now I'm really glad I didn't choose Tower bridge occupying the 2nd stall for 3 hours next to 4-SRN-05.....

Last edited:
It is probably just that the Dutchman went into a pub and now (s)he can't get enough of those pints of real beer...

Real beer? For sure the Dutch used to mix our Belgian real beers with cold water to suit their tastes, and the Londoners even with warm water to suit theirs, twenty years ago. But I cannot imagine a Dutchman, today, going anywhere else than to Belgium to taste a proper beer ;).

Then again, the Dutchman may have had a medical problem or other justification for his stay at the SuC, in which case he is obviously pardoned - regardless of the beer served.