Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EAP and FSD price at UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m one of the crazy ones that is expecting a delivery next month of a MYP with FSD. Likely HW4.0 Tesla Vision. I’m a great believer in AI as I work with it on a daily basis and know how capable it can be in the future. My circumstances may be different to others as I’m buying my car and keeping it forever so I wanted to make sure it had everything ready for 2023 - 2025 when UK regs allow more technology to be utilised. I admit it’s not worth it right now at all but in 2025 it will be well worth every penny. With all of the crazy Gov politics it’s not going to help things move any faster but the idea of commuting 70 miles whilst chilling watching TV is very appealing
If you’re expecting delivery next month there’s no way you”ll get HW4.0, or even the new 5MP cameras.

There’s no way I’d keep a Tesla beyond the warranty period. Repairs are likely to be catastrophically expensive, and unless Tesla get their act together, which seems unlikely, a major repair could mean your car being off the road for weeks.

I’m one of the crazy ones that is expecting a delivery next month of a MYP with FSD. Likely HW4.0 Tesla Vision. I’m a great believer in AI as I work with it on a daily basis and know how capable it can be in the future. My circumstances may be different to others as I’m buying my car and keeping it forever so I wanted to make sure it had everything ready for 2023 - 2025 when UK regs allow more technology to be utilised. I admit it’s not worth it right now at all but in 2025 it will be well worth every penny. With all of the crazy Gov politics it’s not going to help things move any faster but the idea of commuting 70 miles whilst chilling watching TV is very appealing
They have been promising changes for years and nothing has changed, instead the cyclist and pedestrians have had more attention in the changes.

If you’re expecting delivery next month there’s no way you”ll get HW4.0, or even the new 5MP cameras.

There’s no way I’d keep a Tesla beyond the warranty period. Repairs are likely to be catastrophically expensive, and unless Tesla get their act together, which seems unlikely, a major repair could mean your car being off the road for weeks.
My warranty period in March 2023. I don't know what to order. M3LR has to be available and come down in price. Also I read an article today which has been a bone of contention with me and a few people on this site. The article says the $7500 tax credit reduces what you owe on income tax in April. It specifically states if you owe $4K then you apply it and lose the $3500. Now one person on this website says it reduces your income which it USED to do. So if you want full $7500 you have to make a nice salary, take no withholding and end up owing alot of money. But there is a penalty if you haven't paid 90% of your federal tax by Dec 31 so maybe then you'll be able to take advantage of $7500. I'm leaning towards the Ioniq 6. I'm reading that since Ioniqs are NOT assembled in the US then no $7500 which then goes on to say that the demand for the Ioniq 5 which was impossible to get and had huge MSRP markups has fallen down. So screw the $7500, and buy a car that has many dealerships where you can get your car fixed. And the warranty is longer

Hello my fellow Teslarions,

I was wondering what is the point of having FSD at the price of £6800 when we cant use the full potential of it.

Due to the EU/UK laws we have a lot of limitations on this feature, maybe if it was for £1000 for FSD and £500 for EAP Tesla might have more sales here in the UK for FSD.

Who else thinks these prices are right?
The prices are laughable. This code is nowhere near ready for full autonomy. My car still makes jerky right and especially left turns. If you want FSD look at it like this $15000/$199 = 75 months or 6 years 3 months. So if you sell your car every 5 or 6 years (or less) it would be cheaper to get the subscription. But again, who says in 6 years it'll be ready? And will they have 8K cameras and that new radar he's patented? and when? Do I have to wait for 2024? 2025? and will there be a better battery than the 4680 which we don't even know which cars are getting it

In the heady days when some of us actually believed the promises of robotaxis and genuine FSD I was amongst those conned into parting with money.
The promise was that upgrades would be made available. The reality is that these cars will not achieve anything close to true autonomy with the sensors and processors on board. It makes no sense for Tesla to increase sales of FSD by lowering the price and end up with even more folk whose cars they potentially have to upgrade. It’s far more likely that they'll roll out new cars with upgraded tech until they actually get it right while delaying releases to the point that most previous models have been traded or scrapped.
It’s even more likely that Mobileye or another rival beats them to a deployable solution and Tesla end up as a recharging company more than an auto maker
He should've stuck to the original idea. Replace as many ice cars as fast as possible so MAYBE we have a chance for a cleaner planet and can kick the duplicitous Saudis to the curb.

Reactions: H43lio
I'd love to see a Venn diagram to see the overlap who seem to think AI is the future and will fix all of our problems and those who think crypto is the future of banking...
AI won't fix anything. THe GD cashier at drive throughs can't even give the proper change even though the smart cash register tells them how much. Way back when when you totaled things at the cash register you had to figure out the change using math. But as we can see people are getting stupider by the minute relying on machines to do their work.

You won't keep it forever because after 4 years/50K miles the warranty expires and Tesla on sells extended warranties on model S and X, not 3 and Y. If your touchscreen brake you're looking at $1500-2000 plus $205/hr at the local SC IF....they can get the part

I’m shocked people buy now in the thought that tech and legislation will provide a better experience for their car purchase now sometime in the future. Each to their own…. Experience of a 3 and Y suggest to me that Tesla is increasingly looking at removing features to lower cost, whilst catering primarily for the US market with FSD.

My car is on a 7 year loan with 6 more years to pay so I'll be keeping mine long term too. I just don't have the finances to be able to buy the car outright and swap it every year or so. So FSD makes a lot of sense to me too. Especially if it goes up to £15k in a few years time, or subscription only with massive monthly fees!

You won't keep it forever because after 4 years/50K miles the warranty expires and Tesla on sells extended warranties on model S and X, not 3 and Y. If your touchscreen brake you're looking at $1500-2000 plus $205/hr at the local SC IF....they can get the part
In UK basic warranty is actually 4 years / 50k miles (so 2 years in my case...) and battery/drivetrain is 8 years / 120k miles

My car is on a 7 year loan with 6 more years to pay so I'll be keeping mine long term too. I just don't have the finances to be able to buy the car outright and swap it every year or so. So FSD makes a lot of sense to me too. Especially if it goes up to £15k in a few years time, or subscription only with massive monthly fees!
to buy FSD makes absolutely no sense.
firstly - it is not available and probably will not be available at least 5 more years.
Secondly - HW is just not capable really...
thirdly - You will be able to subscribe it and to check it it suits you. it's same with EAP - all loaners have EAP, but my car doesn't - when I get loaner - it realise that EAP is not that useful
oh and I am in more or less same financial situation as you, but I plan to trade in my car in 3- years or so if I will have to go to bloody service centre every other month as I do now to get some rattles fixed...

Reactions: CWT3LR
I'm regretting my purchase of EAP. lane change is flaky. it doesn't adapt to the speed that it has detected. phantom braking etc.
I've yet to see the parking indicator come up and having seen videos of what an amateur job it does of parking, I would be embarrassed to be sitting in the car while it did it.
this morning, I parked in a tight spot and rather than struggle to get out, I thought "I know, I can pull out and use summon to put it back" - pulled forward, got out, tried "summoning" my car back into the spot by pressing the backwards arrow, and the damn thing didn't move. tried forward and it went about 3 feet and then locked itself.

well worth three and a half grand. not.

• Funny
Reactions: Caramel and DeejUK

Our X is out of warranty, the MAJORITY or cars in the world (including the US) are out of warranty. There aren't many people who can afford to run new cars every 3-4 years all the time just for the warranty.

Our X is out of warranty, the MAJORITY or cars in the world (including the US) are out of warranty. There aren't many people who can afford to run new cars every 3-4 years all the time just for the warranty.
That's true but I did find a place that will offer Tesla warranties. They quoted me 3K for a 3 year extension. Ive heard Tesla does not like dealing with warranty extension companies and since you can't get it repaired anywhere else I'm considering it.

I'm regretting my purchase of EAP. lane change is flaky. it doesn't adapt to the speed that it has detected. phantom braking etc.
I've yet to see the parking indicator come up and having seen videos of what an amateur job it does of parking, I would be embarrassed to be sitting in the car while it did it.
this morning, I parked in a tight spot and rather than struggle to get out, I thought "I know, I can pull out and use summon to put it back" - pulled forward, got out, tried "summoning" my car back into the spot by pressing the backwards arrow, and the damn thing didn't move. tried forward and it went about 3 feet and then locked itself.

Lane change isn't bad. It's everything else that needs work.

Reactions: DeejUK

Yeah it's great to pull in and out of tight spots, but what about the people to your sides when they want to get back in their cars. DING!!

Reactions: speedyranger74
I’m shocked people buy now in the thought that tech and legislation will provide a better experience for their car purchase now sometime in the future. Each to their own…. Experience of a 3 and Y suggest to me that Tesla is increasingly looking at removing features to lower cost, whilst catering primarily for the US market with FSD.
Don't be jealous about FSD. It all it's cracked up to be. And if you listened to Q3 report he's not exactly jumping on the couch about autonomous vehicles. Shoulda took that money for Twitter and paid people to fix software.