Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EAP and FSD price at UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, just be close to the car. Works fairly consistently on both my cars with or without Sentry on, on my driveway, car parks and even parking on the street when I’ve got out the car and realised the rear of the car is encroaching on someone’s dipped kerb

Just watched a review on the new BMW i7 and in the US you can use driver assistance hands free. Add Merc and their level 3 systems and you can see that Tesla are way behind the Germans.

Lots of sensors too - including LIDAR and the i7 looks like it comes with that included rather than "£x and might work one day"
Tesla fans will point out that it's not street ready but most of us would settle for big road use without sudden alarming things happening

Reactions: CWT3LR
While I think it's cool it can do that, I suspect it'll get hobbled by the same laws that prevent Tesla Smart Summon/AP without 10 second annoyance in the UK.

I'm far from saying FSD can manage driving in the UK, but a lot of the annoyances that make what we have worse are our regs, not Tesla's limitations.

But you knew that already.

I'm far from saying FSD can manage driving in the UK, but a lot of the annoyances that make what we have worse are our regs, not Tesla's limitations.

Erm no. Other manufacturers manage great in areas that Tesla struggle with. Nothing to do with the regs as the manufacturers all abide by the same ones, yet some manufacturers implement them far better than Tesla do and do not suffer the same annoyances.

Lots of sensors too - including LIDAR and the i7 looks like it comes with that included rather than "£x and might work one day"
Tesla fans will point out that it's not street ready but most of us would settle for big road use without sudden alarming things happening
I posted elsewhere about second mover advantage - and it looks like the big boys are starting to exert that now.

And the level of luxury in that i7/7 series is eye popping, not to mention the tech seems to be years ahead of Tesla's S. Unless Tesla can get a completely new model out in the next 2 years, the likes of Merc and BMW will become the default choice again.

I posted elsewhere about second mover advantage - and it looks like the big boys are starting to exert that now.

And the level of luxury in that i7/7 series is eye popping, not to mention the tech seems to be years ahead of Tesla's S. Unless Tesla can get a completely new model out in the next 2 years, the likes of Merc and BMW will become the default choice again.
but the price.... still will be much better experience than model S I presume :D

i mean, tesla model S at this point is already 2 year old model, while model 3 is 4 year old -

but the price.... still will be much better experience than model S I presume :D

i mean, tesla model S at this point is already 2 year old model, while model 3 is 4 year old -
"If Sir has to ask the price....."😁

The European market for Tesla seems to be all about M3 and MY, not S and X, and certainly not Cybertruck. If the Germans can get a decent platform for 3 Series / C class / A4 in the next 2-3 years, then Tesla need to be worried.

Then again, with margins eight times higher than Toyota's, maybe the long term plan is compete on price not quality or features?

"If Sir has to ask the price....."😁

The European market for Tesla seems to be all about M3 and MY, not S and X, and certainly not Cybertruck. If the Germans can get a decent platform for 3 Series / C class / A4 in the next 2-3 years, then Tesla need to be worried.

Then again, with margins eight times higher than Toyota's, maybe the long term plan is compete on price not quality or features?
but but but can it go 0 - 100 km in 2s? :D

I for myself still demonstrate the acceleration to friends once in a while, but in general I find myself that I am very calm driver these days. maybe it has something to do with the speed awareness course... :D

But let’s not make the assumption that all that bmw technology will keep working

While I think it's cool it can do that, I suspect it'll get hobbled by the same laws that prevent Tesla Smart Summon/AP without 10 second annoyance in the UK.

Well let’s compare like for like rather than trying to deflect by using the UK regulations straw man.

In the US, where the regulations are more relaxed, you can use this BMW driving assistant hands free but you can’t do the same with Tesla’s Autopilot.

i7 starts at like £108k, which is cheaper than the Model S and that’s before you have to chuck even more money on EAP/FSD.

Well let’s compare like for like rather than trying to deflect by using the UK regulations straw man.

In the US, where the regulations are more relaxed, you can use this BMW driving assistant hands free but you can’t do the same with Tesla’s Autopilot.

i7 starts at like £108k, which is cheaper than the Model S and that’s before you have to chuck even more money on EAP/FSD.
is it though? I think Plaid is like 120k gbp and slow one is ~99k or something. still eye watering money. but for sure, I would rather pay 110k for i7 than 100 for model s

I used to have s 7 Series...because second hand they were worth nothing..I don’t know if that will be true of a electric 7 Series...but it’s easy to have all the technology in the world in a limousine...you have plenty of room and no one cares about the price point. When I win the lottery I’m getting a Model S...that way when I have spent the rest of my winnings on wine women and song...at least I’ll get a good return when I sell the MS

Reactions: Romario786
FSD is a scam in the UK at the moment. Tesla are focused on making FSD for USA roads and have left everyone else out, hence the lower price vs USA.

Also if you aren’t keeping the car long term, FSD is a complete waste of money. But if you are keeping it until the wheels fall off, there’s a slight chance you might be entitled to hardware upgrades if Tesla ever get around to improving their FSD.

Both the IONIQ 5 and EV6 have proper remote summon and remote parking, from some distance away from the car (several metres). It does require a dead mans switch setup in Europe, I believe due to the UNECE rules, which I guess Tesla can't do with just the app.

I guess they could do it with the keyfob you can buy, but they have zero interest in doing any kind of bespoke development for Europe. All we'll get is FSD beta whenever they can deploy it "as is", which is to say several years from now.