Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EAP Maxed Out?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What exactly are you referring to? EAP works far better than 5% of the time or are you referring to a specific feature? I have V9 EAP (no Nav on AP for me yet) but all the current features of EAP that I have work 99% of the time for me.

EAP is Nav on AP. The rest of the other stuff (lane keeping/adaptive cruise control) is just regular AP from AP1.

Based on aggregate reviews of Nav on AP it bare works 5% of the time.

Can you be more specific? Are you saying it only suggests lane changes 5% of when it should suggest a lane change? Are you saying it only takes the correct exit 5% of the time? I am just not sure where you are getting the "5%" from. That seems like your guesstimate unless you have actually watched every review and actually counted how many times it missed a lane change. I've seen good reviews and yes, Nav on AP has some issues but it seems to me to be working better than 5% of the time. It transitions from the right lane to the exit perfectly every time that I have seen. The only big issue I see is that it is late in taking an exit when the car is not already in the right most lane. But it does suggest lane changes to pass traffic correctly every time. I feel like your "5%" is very overly pessimistic.

Something that works 5% of the time is maxed out? Wow that's news!

How many AP miles driven are you basing this assertion on? You say a lot of things like this "works 5% of the time"... a very specific and easily disprovable statement. You're either doing it to stir the pot/troll, or you genuinely believe you're providing intelligent insight.

So again, how many miles have you personally driven on EAP to support that statement or on what other data are you basing that (obviously made up, nonsensical) number?

For me EAP/ nav on AP works very well except in heavy traffic, when it can't find a big enough opening to change lanes. So I guess if your world is always heavy multi-lane traffic, then you might consider it to work only 5% of the time. For those who travel less heavily trafficked highways, or drive in the slow lane, EAP works pretty flawlessly.

Reactions: 10dot
I guess some here are unaware that AP1 Summons used to attempt more elaborate maneuvers than the current capability of ‘straight while someone holds a dead-man switch’.

Tesla confidence means nothing...they were confident AP1 could do a 3 point turn out of a parking garage, until YouTube videos of the car bouncing off objects caused them the pull the functionality. Most of us won’t even let the car try to Autopark in a parallel spot because of the high rate of curbed wheels and other mistakes that cause damage.

If the system was capable, they wouldn’t need you to watch it and take responsibility. As long as each release continues to require constant supervision, it’s just an unreliable parlor trick. These cars will never drop you off at work. The end. Some cars, someday, but not a 2016-2018 Tesla. Ever.

Sorry.

This is the reason for the divorce from MobileEye. That system could not see 360 degrees.

Something that works 5% of the time is maxed out? Wow that's news!

Mine works 90% of the time. Not sure where you got 5%...

EAP is Nav on AP. The rest of the other stuff (lane keeping/adaptive cruise control) is just regular AP from AP1.

Like how many times do i have to be a friggin moron before people start noticing?